Thread: Linetype Scale (LTS)

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Linetype Scale (LTS)

I've created a layout in paper space with different linetypes. I've adjusted the LTS value, so that the linetypes are visible in the viewport in paper space. But my customer want to work in model space. He want to see the linetypes in model space. So he'll change the LTS value, which will change the linetype visibility in paper space also. I don't want that change in paper space. Is there any provision for controlling the LTS value independently in model and paper space?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Linetype Scale (LTS)

Quote Originally Posted by viswaprakash View Post
    I've created a layout in paper space with different linetypes. I've adjusted the LTS value, so that the linetypes are visible in the viewport in paper space. But my customer want to work in model space. He want to see the linetypes in model space. So he'll change the LTS value, which will change the linetype visibility in paper space also. I don't want that change in paper space. Is there any provision for controlling the LTS value independently in model and paper space?
    Well if you only have viewport(s) with one scale, you can turn off psltscale (psltscale = 0) and set your ltscale to what ever works for PS and MS.

But this only really works with one scale for your viewport(s) in PS. Once you have more than one different scaled viewport, one of those will not appear correctly.

I'm not aware of any way to treat these independently otherwise with OOTB Acad.

I have a lisp routine called "tilemode watch" (tmw.lsp) but I don't have permission from the author to share it. It changes the ltscale when you switch from PS to MS. When your in MS it uses your current dimscale (x .5) and sets the global ltscale, and when in PS it switches to ".5" (pretty sweet).

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

You can see the line type if you work in model space thru the vport - use the maximize vport tool, or change the psltscale as tedg noted.

ACote

Login to Give a bone

If you are on 09 there is a new setting MSLTSCALE set that to one. If you on a prior version there is a reactor lisp routine I used to use that will swap ltscales based on Mspace/Pspace and the dimscale.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by lwhite.49103 View Post
    If you are on 09 there is a new setting MSLTSCALE set that to one. If you on a prior version there is a reactor lisp routine I used to use that will swap ltscales based on Mspace/Pspace and the dimscale.

Hello

Please tell me how can I swap ltscales on MS and PS.

Login to Give a bone

I got this from Peter J. It is a reactor that will run when you switch from paper to model space. If you are going to print usinga sheet set you have to make sure to save the drawing in paper space or it will be messed up. Place this in your acaddoc.lsp and you should be good to go.

By the way MSLTSCALE is availiable in 2008 as well.

(defun ChangedLayout (reactor layout / )
    (SETQ pltscl (GETVAR "DIMSCALE")) ;;; Reads the dimscale here
    (if (= (nth 0 layout) "Model")
    (setvar "ltscale" (* pltscl 0.5));;; Change the 0.5 to whatever ltscale you use
    ;else
    (progn (setvar "ltscale" 0.5) (setvar "psltscale" 1));;;Change the 0.5 to whatever ltscale you use
    );if
    (vla-regen (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)) acAllViewports) );

(if(not *LayoutLTS*) (setq *LayoutLTS* (VLR-Miscellaneous-Reactor nil '((:VLR-layoutSwitched . ChangedLayout)))))
    Last edited by lwhite.49103; 2008-08-11 at 03:39 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Iwhite.49103. I'll try this and get back to you

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    I have a lisp routine called "tilemode watch" (tmw.lsp) but I don't have permission from the author to share it. It changes the ltscale when you switch from PS to MS. When your in MS it uses your current dimscale (x .5) and sets the global ltscale, and when in PS it switches to ".5" (pretty sweet).
    After being contacted via PM asking if I had got permission to share this routine, I contacted the author and he said "sure", so here it is, enjoy!

All AUGI, all the time TerribleTim's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by lwhite.49103 View Post
    . . . Place this in your acaddoc.lsp and you should be good to go. . .
    Yea, tried that. Didn't seem to do anything. Maybe I did it wrong. I pasted it at the end of that .lsp file and changed the 0.5 ltscale setting to 1.0 like we use. Any advice?