Thread: Revit MEP Wish List

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs down Revit MEP Wish List

I would like to propose a new wishlist Item for REVIT MEP 2010.

I would like back all the work i have lost due to random crashes, crashing on saves, crashing on using simple friction only sizing, crashes due to connecting ducts.

I have to save nearly every 5-10 minutes to feel safe with this program, So if i could also have back at least a little bit of that time i would feel much more satisfied...wonder what Archicad has in terms of MEP tools.

I tested systems back when it was in beta and i have concluded that new features are nice, but the program is as least as unstable if not worse than it was during the early betas.

Not good.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit MEP Wish List

Well that is just a warm, fuzzy way to start off the day!

Login to Give a bone

My wish list

A layer freeze button, So I don't have to go into VG dialog box all the time.

I have a plan for the pipe I just put there, but Revit thinks I'm being stupid so it deletes it for me. How sweet

Realistic piping, I chose pick route and it shoots to la-la land and back to my pipe i'm trying to connect to. Lets see the client is not going to buy all that PVC pipe needed to make that route.

Where is the training for the Plumbing side of Revit

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Revit MEP Wish List

While our system seem to be relatively stable, I definitely have a wish list a mile long...

Mostly... certain things need to be more intuitive. Either that or the help section needs to be greatly expanded. There's plenty of information on what the pogram can do, but I'm having a heck of time figuring out how to actually do it. None of this being helped by the fact that while our CAD manager is doing his best, he's an architectural guy... and doesn't know MEP wants and needs... so I spend an inordinate amount of time floundering around in the dark... and searching the Augi forum comes up with nothing... This frustrates me a lot because I'm used to just being able to mess around with a new program and eventually figure it out... but Revit is brutal...

I keep waiting for that epithany when it all 'clicks' but in the meantime, I feel really lost... and it seems like we're hung up on really trivial, simple stuff... like how do you create a 3-pole receptacle so that it will connect to a panel properly? How do you assign a 120/240 Distribution System to a panel?

Where can I go to actually learn this stuff? I feel like a moron right now, but I'm running out of places to turn and running out of time...

<sigh...>
    Last edited by ifurqueron; 2009-02-24 at 07:35 PM.

Login to Give a bone

If you have a wishlist item, remember to post it in our Revit MEP forum! I am unsure if this post was a legitimate item or venting though, so I will leave it here for the time being
    Matthew Danowski, PE, LEED AP BD+C
    Project Electrical Engineer
    Baltimore, MD

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mjdanowski View Post
    If you have a wishlist item, remember to post it in our Revit MEP forum! I am unsure if this post was a legitimate item or venting though, so I will leave it here for the time being
    I don't know about the original poster... but I'm not sure my "wish" really qualifies...

All AUGI, all the time JoelLondenberg's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Don't forget too that there are specific instructions to make the wish list more usable. We are dealing with professional software developers who are used to ignoring the general whining (otherwise they would cry themselves to sleep every night from the mean things we say, myself included).

So if you are venting - fire away, but if you really want to request a change and have the request given some thought by the developers, you should aim for a professional tone and follow the directions here - http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=36308

Login to Give a bone

Honestly, I don't know enough about the program to even have a wishlist... I'm having toruble just finding good information about how to use the program at all... I've spent the better art of hte last two days surfing this site and other sites trying to find anything that can help me... but it seems like everyone either knows what they're doing and is unwilling to share, or haven't tried to do what I want to so - which I find very hard to believe since what I'm trying to do seems quite basic. Creating multi-pole receptacles (I basically need to creat the every NEMA configuration)... creating a 120/240 single phse panelboard... these seems like they should be a simple tasks... but I cannot find the instructions anywhere that tell me how to do it.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

ifurqueron - send me an e-mail and I can send you a basic video on creating distribution systems and different voltages.