Thread: Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Green Blding Rating System

Login to Give a bone

Default Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Green Blding Rating System

Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Green Blding Rating System

Good Morning All:

I’m here today to ask for your help in structuring a group of AutoCAD Blocks for use in LEED Projects.

I work for a Civil Design Firm and we are getting heavy into the LEED Environment.
    For those who are not totally familiar with LEED: LEEDS Neighborhood Development Materials and info can be found at http://www.usgbc.org/. LEED is: “The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System™ encourages and accelerates global adoption of sustainable green building and development practices through the creation and implementation of universally understood and accepted tools and performance criteria.” (From the webpage)

But as I understand it, the drawings (to show compliance with or application for the “Credits” of LEED) are developed by design firms or contractors (that are hired by the clients). So far, I have seen no drawings directly sent out by the USGBC. There are some third party companies that help educate & certify professionals in LEED but I’m not sure even they have details. A number of our firm have attended and obtained certification. They have put in some inquiries to them but the “jury is still out” on that lead. I have also contacted a number of these type firms for leads myself and I am awaiting their response.

So with that being said: Does anyone have standard details (CAD DWGs) addressing the LEED Sustainable Sites Credits?

If so, would you be willing to share?

Our firm is developing standard details (CADD Blocks) addressing these credits and I was hoping I would not have to start from scratch in developing them.

Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

I will keep everyone up-to-date on this project and will share in kind any help, information, and/or submittals I get.

Sincerely...

Larry
    “Perseverance alone is omnipotent”
    Last edited by lhill.182346; 2008-08-08 at 03:15 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Post Re: Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Green Blding Rating System

Larry, I'm going to move this from the AutoCAD 2009 General forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by lhill.182346 View Post
    So with that being said: Does anyone have standard details (CAD DWGs) addressing the LEED Sustainable Sites Credits?

If so, would you be willing to share?

Our firm is developing standard details (CADD Blocks) addressing these credits and I was hoping I would not have to start from scratch in developing them.

Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost