Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viewport size for Wall Sections

Login to Give a bone

Default Viewport size for Wall Sections

Im getting tremendously large viewports on my sheets that I place my wall sections. The crop region is adjusted accordingly to show just what I need to show in the plan as well as on the wall section sheet. In the vast realm of things this doesnt matter, it's just rather annoying when I hover over my section, and the rectangle shoots way off the sheet, and has to overlap with multiple sections on the sheet. Is there anyway to adjust them?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Viewport size for Wall Sections

I may have misunderstood your issue...but it sounds like you have adjusted the 2D representation of the section, not the actual boundaries of the section... You can have a building section, but want to show the 2D graphic smaller...this graphic won't affect the section cut....instead, look for the dashed green boundary, and pull that in where you want it to be, it will modify your actual section...you can also change the section's boundary from the section view itself...

Did I mis-understand your issue?

Quote Originally Posted by michaelf View Post
    Im getting tremendously large viewports on my sheets that I place my wall sections. The crop region is adjusted accordingly to show just what I need to show in the plan as well as on the wall section sheet. In the vast realm of things this doesnt matter, it's just rather annoying when I hover over my section, and the rectangle shoots way off the sheet, and has to overlap with multiple sections on the sheet. Is there anyway to adjust them?

Certifiable AUGI Addict dhurtubise's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Could it be that your anotation crop is on and very far from the view crop ?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I've noticed this too, it was a section with view breaks. I think that if you add breaks, the rectangle will show the extents of the original section. I'm not entirely sure if this is correct, but thats what seemed to be happening here.

Login to Give a bone

As aside, speaking of 2d representation of views, I would really like to see that availiable for a callout view. There have been plenty of times where I need the crop region in a call-out of a wall section to be bigger that I want to show it in the section view. It would be nice to adjust the callout bubble independently of the actual crop region. Some sections can get quite busy and overlap because of this.

Thanks,
    Josh

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dhurtubise View Post
    Could it be that your anotation crop is on and very far from the view crop ?
    Where do I find that?

Login to Give a bone

Where do I find that?
    Go to the view properties of your section view, and you'll find a checkbox along with crop region visible etc. called 'annotation crop'. This gives you an additional green crop region outside your view crop region. This is to control which annotations show up in your view outside of your view's crop region. This was introduced in RAC2008.

Josh

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by luigi View Post
    I may have misunderstood your issue...but it sounds like you have adjusted the 2D representation of the section, not the actual boundaries of the section... You can have a building section, but want to show the 2D graphic smaller...this graphic won't affect the section cut....instead, look for the dashed green boundary, and pull that in where you want it to be, it will modify your actual section...you can also change the section's boundary from the section view itself...

Did I mis-understand your issue?
    I'm having problems with wall sections which are cut. I've messed around with the dashed green boundry (crop region) which you are talking about. It's when I place that wall section view on a sheet and hover over it, my viewport is WAY bigger than what the drawing content is. I figured that once I adjusted the crop region that this might fix it, but it hasn't

Certifiable AUGI Addict dhurtubise's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by lhanyok View Post
    I've noticed this too, it was a section with view breaks. I think that if you add breaks, the rectangle will show the extents of the original section. I'm not entirely sure if this is correct, but thats what seemed to be happening here.
    Theres a double-sided arrow in the middle of each broken section, use that to drag them closer to each other

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ford347 View Post
    Go to the view properties of your section view, and you'll find a checkbox along with crop region visible etc. called 'annotation crop'. This gives you an additional green crop region outside your view crop region. This is to control which annotations show up in your view outside of your view's crop region. This was introduced in RAC2008.

Josh
    Tried that and it didnt make the viewport smaller. I realize the viewport includes all content that it feels is necessary, but there is nothing that needs to be shown outside the crop regions in these sections. BTW the wall sections are the only views on sheets that I'm having trouble with...all others (Plans, Elevs, Building Sections, etc.) are showing on a sheet correctly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast