Thread: Cad Manager / Cad Manager Assistant

Login to Give a bone

Default Cad Manager / Cad Manager Assistant

Hello Everyone, I have a great opportunity to create an assistant cad manager position by request of the full time manager. Thing is I have to sell it. I have started a 'outline' with key reasons and objectives for this position. I'm wondering if anyone else can add or help me sell this to the shareholders of my company? If you have anything it would be helpful.

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Cad Manager / Cad Manager Assistant

Can you provide us with a bit more information? How big is your department, why does your company need an assistant CAD manager (general responsibility), what industry are you in, programs you use, etc. I'm afraid we don't have much to go on judging by the description.

Marv- Past AUGI President Marv Muston's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: Cad Manager / Cad Manager Assistant

Quote Originally Posted by dberg.47064 View Post
    Hello Everyone, I have a great opportunity to create an assistant cad manager position by request of the full time manager. Thing is I have to sell it. I have started a 'outline' with key reasons and objectives for this position. I'm wondering if anyone else can add or help me sell this to the shareholders of my company? If you have anything it would be helpful.
    CAD Manager ASSISTANT????? WOW!! Must be nice..........

Marv

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Cad Manager / Cad Manager Assistant

At a former job, I was one of maybe ten CAD techs. We had two men as 'supervisors'. It was understood, if not made official, that one was CAD manager and the other was production manager. One was more techie, nerdy minded. The other was more engineering and project minded. They both had the same level of responsibility and authority. We all knew who to ask what questions, though.

Marv- Past AUGI President Marv Muston's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Red face Re: Cad Manager / Cad Manager Assistant

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    At a former job, I was one of maybe ten CAD techs. We had two men as 'supervisors'. It was understood, if not made official, that one was CAD manager and the other was production manager. One was more techie, nerdy minded. The other was more engineering and project minded. They both had the same level of responsibility and authority. We all knew who to ask what questions, though.
    Yea...I have had several "unofficial" assistants also. I use the power users to assist me.
    Marv