Thread: MTEXT Boundary Box initial size issues

Login to Give a bone

Question MTEXT Boundary Box initial size issues

When I select Multiline Text from the ribbon, I 'draw' the area that should set the boundary box range only to have the box then appear about 3k times larger than I had hoped. I don't think the Annotation scale should be causing this but then again I have no idea where to really begin looking for the problem.

I've only been working in '09 for a few days after upgrading from '06, so this could be a simple matter of adjusting to the new format. Let me know if this is the case.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: MTEXT Boundary Box initial size issues

Quote Originally Posted by cabeaton View Post
    When I select Multiline Text from the ribbon, I 'draw' the area that should set the boundary box range only to have the box then appear about 3k times larger than I had hoped. I don't think the Annotation scale should be causing this but then again I have no idea where to really begin looking for the problem.

I've only been working in '09 for a few days after upgrading from '06, so this could be a simple matter of adjusting to the new format. Let me know if this is the case.
    When you draw a boundary box for the MText, you must have a reference, otherwise it will either too big or too small
    That mean that you can take a object (the dimension must be nearest) as the reference, so after you draw a boundary box, you know what is the width of the boundary, so you can desire the correct text size to show
    If the drawing is empty, just draw a line 100 units as reference, if your text size is 2.5 or more, it should show correctly
    Help this is what you want!

Jack Cheong

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: MTEXT Boundary Box initial size issues

Every time this has happened I have been working in an existing drawing. Typically something that has been around since 1990 or earlier and has been updated as the software has been upgraded. If it is a simple matter of having a reference object in the drawing to work from then the problem should not be occuring. I'm not currently typing in dimensions for the boundary box desired size. Is this what I'm supposed to do now, or should the concept of draging from one corner to the desired opposite still work?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: MTEXT Boundary Box initial size issues

Quote Originally Posted by cabeaton View Post
    If it is a simple matter of having a reference object in the drawing to work from then the problem should not be occuring. I'm not currently typing in dimensions for the boundary box desired size. Is this what I'm supposed to do now, or should the concept of draging from one corner to the desired opposite still work?
    It's not possible to typing the dimension for the boundary box
    It's still the same, just drag from one corner to another corner for the boundary
    Take a object as rference is just to know the size of the boundary, otherwise it can be either very small or very big