I'm a new Revit Architecture user, and am having difficulty importing the file for the site plan to my project. The engineer sent me both dwg and dxf files. they were not one on AutoCad, but some other application which allows him to save in these formats.
When I import the site plan, starting on the "Site" View, from File>Import/Link>Cad Formats, then select the, I get an error message:
"Some elements were lost during import-Active-X and some proprietary components cannot be imported. Try exploding the file in AutoCad or setting PROXYGRAPHICS to 1." (I don't know if this a big deal yet)

I have a new version of AutoCad that came with the Revit Architecture 2009 Suite but have no clue what they are talking about. I continued anyway and the site plan image came into view in the "Site Plan" but I cannot do anything with it Such as position the building on the site where i want it. and it includes all of the engineers annotations, title block, and the like. Some annotations are missing, which must be what the error message refers to.

When I go to an elevation view I can see the site information but its suspended above the building by approx. 100 ft. I saw a thread that addresses this and will try to adjust the building level elevations but also need to set the site plan so that I can move the building on the site and position where i want. I also want to regrade by reconfiguring some of the topo lines.

I realize that I'm asking for a lesson here, but I've tried the help menus, as well as a couple of Revit books to no avail. Thanks in advance for whatever you can do to help me get me going in the right direction.

//Denis