Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: callouts some reverting to ##'s with sheet sets

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Unhappy callouts some reverting to ##'s with sheet sets

This has been a random problem we have been facing. And constantly causing trouble with the efforts to keep using sheet sets and these linked callouts between views and sheets...

It looked great to begin with, but now things are looking like a nightmare with these # signs showing up all over the place...

Yes we have used the FIELDEVAL setting... We typically have it set for 15... everything but regening... We have tried 31 with the same problems... I noticed an interesting twist to this... when set to 31... if I regenall all the references turned to #'s... then if I saved they reverted back to the proper references... The big issue that has been occurring is that when we plot the references turn to ###'s... So this is interesting that we have the same affect with the regen... Not so random...

any suggestions? Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: callouts some reverting to ##'s with sheet sets

I have to ask, are you using the SheetSetPlaceHolder field in your block attributes?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: callouts some reverting to ##'s with sheet sets

Quote Originally Posted by joshua.jones View Post
    I have to ask, are you using the SheetSetPlaceHolder field in your block attributes?
    I would assume that would be what you would call them... the fields that are place in attribute locations that pick up on the location of the section views and what sheet they are placed on... Those who are still using AutoCAD are using Sheet sets like this to attempt to save the time in coordination of sections and elevation and their associated callout marks, but are starting to get a little frustrated when they go to plot and things go bad... ### and we are not finding the cure...

I am not working in AutoCAD anymore myself (Revit all the way!) but I am the tech guy who has solved most of the problems in the past, so here I am back in AutoCAD trying to help the poor soles who are stuck...

I do hope that there is a solution to this, because many have invested lots into this system with much hope in the time savings that it does provide...
    Last edited by a.kennedy; 2008-09-03 at 05:03 PM.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: callouts some reverting to ##'s with sheet sets

Our AutoCAD supplier gave us a work around for now... We are for now setting the FIELDEVAL to 0 prior to our plots... keeping them from updating during the plotting process...

Still no solution... we plan on sending a sample to them of the project when we have time (ha, ha, ha... there is something we all have lots of...) to see if this can be figured out... we seem to be having an isolated error, that doesn’t seem to be having many other comments from anyone saying they have had similar... so it is very odd...

Login to Give a bone

Make sure you don't have a copy of the dst anywere within the working path of your project.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ameave View Post
    Make sure you don't have a copy of the dst anywere within the working path of your project.
    Is this really a solution to this problem? We are also getting this random ##### on our view labels and I would like to solve it once and for all. If that is all it is then I will move all of my dst files to a central location and be done with it.

All AUGI, all the time TerribleTim's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I think it might need a bit more digging into the reality of the issue. I'd like to help you out here and will try.

The first thing would be to understand your method to place the callouts -

When asked if they are the sheetsetplaceholder fields, that was a rather direct question. When using the fields, you can choose fields that are named "sheetsetplaceholder", "currentsheetset" and so on. So that was what he was getting at there. Trying to identify which field you chose for this item. The way to answer it is to double click the mtext containing the field, right click on the field and choose "edit field, then see what field was used. Be sure you hit cancel getting back out of there. The significance of this is that the "currentsheetset" fields can not be used in xref drawings. The "currentsheetset" field must reside on a sheet that is associated with a sheet set, and your xrefs are not really associated with the sheet set.

Next, how are you placing the callouts? Are you going through the sheetset manager using the "place callout" option?

One thing I can say is that I've had drafters copy a callout to another sheet instead of placing it through the sheetset manager. That might be part of the problem. Often times sheets get removed from the set. If the callout was copied from another sheet and/or references a sheet that no longer exists, you can/will get the dreaded "XXXX".

Login to Give a bone

I'm getting this as well, but only on the viewport scale on the callout....very annoying, and I need to find a solution. As for me, I'm placing all my callouts through the SSM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Gary.182361 View Post
    I'm getting this as well, but only on the viewport scale on the callout....very annoying, and I need to find a solution. As for me, I'm placing all my callouts through the SSM.
    I've gotten this before as well I can't remember the exact situation. So, I don't know if this will help, but maybe you can look into these issues.

It happened when there were custom scales in the scale list being used and/or imperial unit xref drawing files were xref'd into a metric unit drawing. Just having those mixed scales screwed me up. I had to old-school the xrefs - open them up, change the units and scale them up to metric.

Login to Give a bone

I'm still getting this......it's driving me nuts......as soon as I go into the drawing and save it, it regenerates the field and it's fine. It seems to happen everytime I resave all sheets in through the SSM.

The only workaround I've found is to go into each individual drawing , save and close, this gets rid of it. Very time consuming

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast