Thread: thumbnail upgrades

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default thumbnail upgrades

So I have read as many threads on this as possible and I am not coming up with anything. Please advise me if I am a complete idiot.
    1. I have my family library on a server. Is that a problem when using the batch upgrade utility?
    2. I read that people were dragging the upgrade RFA .txt or .bat onto the .rfa icon which doesn't have a thumbnail and things were crashing all around. I can drag icons to the upgrade tool but that does n't do anything.
    3. I have run the tool and it creates a family list. sweet! wrong.. nothing happens. None of my thumbnails are updated.
    4. I place the utility and run it on B:\Imperial\Library. is this correct place?
    5. I wish I knew what was going on can anyone help???

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: thumbnail upgrades

I googled the instructions for this process. It says drag the Upgrade_RFA.txt file onto the icon. Revit will open and start upgrading. Okay.......but when I drag it on the icon it only relocates the file next to it. There is no action taking place. this is where I am confused?? I have done everything I was told to do and I am baffled.....

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

one more thing I noticed....
    After I run the upgrade_RFA.bat and generate a familylist_rfa.txt the dos screen that runs has a line that reads as follows:

B:\Imperial\Library>del /s /F *.0*.rfa
    Could Not Find B:\Imperial\Library\*.0*.rfa

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I feel like an idiot replying to myself so many times. Sorry if its annoying anyone. However I realized that I need to drag the upgrade txt file to the Revit.exe it opens up and yes it runs its sequence. however it makes copies of all these files? I had not read anything about that.
    I am going to take a break from this procedure because it is chaffing my brain....

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Hi,

I had similar mind numbing problems with the upgrade function, but finally figured it out.

Check out http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=80156 it may be of some help

Cheers,

Ian