Thread: Custom made components

Login to Give a bone

Red face Custom made components

I created a symbol for a transformer (didn't find it on the JIC Symbols list) on one drawing, and now need to know how to import it into a different drawing and different project. Can I create some sort of universal library with all the created devices? I'm using ACADe 2009.
    Thanks!!

I could stop if I wanted to RenataP's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Custom made components

Quote Originally Posted by grendon View Post
    I created a symbol for a transformer (didn't find it on the JIC Symbols list) on one drawing, and now need to know how to import it into a different drawing and different project. Can I create some sort of universal library with all the created devices? I'm using ACADe 2009.
    Thanks!!
    I am currently using 2008. Yet I think the process is the same.

We keep all our custom components in a folder inside the default folder for components on our server: P:\CONTROLS LIBRARY\2008\Libs\iec2\CMC & P:\CONTROLS LIBRARY\ACADE Libs\BIGjic125\CARDINAL. I have not transferred all the existing from 2007 to 2008 folder yet.

Then they are in one central location. I even have a menu created on the Insert Component dialog box.

Are you taking the Electrical classes from ATP (AUGI Training Program)? They are free and the teacher, George is doing a great job!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RenataP; 2008-09-24 at 04:41 PM. Reason: add link to atp

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Custom made components

Thanks again Madam!! I'll try this and let you know how it goes. (I still need to get used to some of the elementary procedures in AutoCAD Electrical)

Manufacturing Moderator gsanchez23's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Custom made components

Renata, thanks on the class props.

Grendon, did you add the block to the Icon menu? then as long as you are using the same library and icon menu the new component will be available.

George,

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Custom made components

[quote=RenataP;891064]I am currently using 2008. Yet I think the process is the same.

We keep all our custom components in a folder inside the default folder for components on our server: P:\CONTROLS LIBRARY\2008\Libs\iec2\CMC & P:\CONTROLS LIBRARY\ACADE Libs\BIGjic125\CARDINAL. I have not transferred all the existing from 2007 to 2008 folder yet.

Then they are in one central location. I even have a menu created on the Insert Component dialog box.

[quote]

I am glad you brought this up!! I am starting to adjust the exsiting default blocks for our use. My concept is to create a Custom shared folder for these blocks. This way when we update electrical we can still use the default blocks with our custom/modified blocks. My question is when i create/modify these blocks and save them to the new location (name remains the same) is there anything i need to change in the program to look for these files? one options is to add that new directory BEFORE the default files or do i have to change/modify the database files?