Thread: Modelspace Zoom Extents once UCS command finishes

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Modelspace Zoom Extents once UCS command finishes

Dear all,

Can anyone help me out? In model space I've got my elevation drawing set up. I can rotate the drawing with the UCS commands (on the command line) so I don't have to save multiple elevations for when I'm editing. When I type UCS into the command line I can go through the options to allow me to rotate about the z axis(for rotating my views), I can save the views with different UCS names, but when I've done this and I'm finishing the command it does a regen of all of the model space. This is very frustrating!!!
    Using the the settings in the ucs dialogue box there is an option to 'update view to Plan when UCS is changed', but if I uncheck this option the UCS icon itself rotates, not the elevations. If I check the item it rotates the elevations but regens all the drawing and the drawing can turn into a speck on the screen.
    Does anybody know how to turn this automatic regen off, or swap it so it can do a zoom previous?

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Re: Modelspace Zoom Extents once UCS command finishes

It sounds like UCSFOLLOW is set to 1 (on).

AutoCAD help says:

Type: Integer
    Saved in: Drawing (viewport specific)
    Initial value: 0

Generates a plan view whenever you change from one UCS to another. Set UCSFOLLOW separately for each viewport. If UCSFOLLOW is on for a particular viewport, AutoCAD generates a plan view in that viewport whenever you change coordinate systems. Once the new UCS has been established, you can use DVIEW, PLAN, VIEW, or VPOINT to change the view of the drawing. It will change to a plan view again the next time you change coordinate systems.

0 UCS does not affect the view

1 Any UCS change causes a change to the plan view of the new UCS in the current viewport

The setting of UCSFOLLOW is maintained separately for paper space and model space and can be accessed in either, but the setting is ignored while in paper space (it is always treated as if set to 0). Although you can define a non-world UCS in paper space, the view remains in plan view to the world coordinate system.
    Remember it is individual to each viewport, so you will have to set each individually.

Scott

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Modelspace Zoom Extents once UCS command finishes

Scott,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried what you've suggested but it's not having any effect on my UCS icon. This is still rotating regardless - if the UCS dialogue box under settings 'update view to Plan when UCS is changed' is un-checked. Is there some hidden / automatic command manipulating the UCS?

Login to Give a bone

Hi

The UCS Icon will always rotate (after all that is what you're doing, rotating the UCS).

UCSFollow = 1 An automatic Plan (command) takes place once the UCS has been rotated.

UCSFollow = 0 No automatic Plan (command) takes place once the UCS has been rotated. If you require the newly rotated UCS to be Horizontal & Vertical to the screen you then need to use the Plan command to achieve that result.

Might want to take a look at RegenAuto & RegenMode.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

With the UCS icon rotated type Plan [enter] [enter].
    You will now have a plan view on the current UCS.

John B