Default Re: Truss roof generator

Hi DoTheBIM,

Framed roof will be on our FTP site

br
    Gintaris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

I am currently using 2010.3 truss + but I am getting a few errors, such as "no grid symbols found" and also I am not understanding how to create outriggers on a gable end.

thanks for the help in advance to any who reply.

Sean D

Login to Give a bone

I am looking for software other than truss + to do roof generated trusses. I have not been able to get even simple trusses to work in revit so I would like a program that can generate trusses based upon the roof shape very similar to truss + but easier to use and understand.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I have worked for a national company in eastern Washington that rhymes with Bro Guild AkA Guilders Second Worse. We build wood trusses for buildings. Most of my fellow employees barely know how to read a tape measure. They use any lumber that comes through the door. Warped, cracked or rotting doesn't matter. Sometimes there's so much Wayne on the board half of it is missing. The metal plates we put on are usually set wrong so it can't actually hold the weight and forces its specs say it can. It most likely is not square and very well could have the wrong grade of lumber or wrong connecting plate. Out of 6 production lines maybe 2 I would let build my trusses and even then I would only want the foremen touching them. It's amazing people and inspectors let this stuff fly. I'm talking about 2 inch gaps under the supporting king post in your house. Somehow this stuff doesn't get called out. I can only imagine the managers are paying the inspectors to not blow the whistle. This stuff is systemic. I'm talking a out 80% of these trusses are not up to code. [ view: ]

Also as a tip if you want well made trusses this is what you do if you want a house and trusses "built like they used too".

Have the house built by the most reputable contractor you can and learn everything you can about home building in your area. Then make a point to stop by with lunch or cold beer after their shift. Don't be an *** but keep an eye on everything. A subway and case of cold beer and bottle of private reserve could mean the difference of getting a building constructed and getting home that was built with love and everything taken seriously. Soms sub contractor will try to half *** something and he will have half the crew telling him to fix his ****. Look for someone with a plumb in their toolbox or better yet tool belt that looks used. That's the guy.
    Last edited by charleswilly455797040; 2021-08-05 at 04:11 PM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112