See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Who's using Buzzsaw?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I could stop if I wanted to Beth Powell's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Who's using Buzzsaw?

When Buzzsaw was first being introduced and tested, I was one of the premier members. In those days membership was free. When they later started to charge for the service, I was able to maintain my free membership for several years since I was classified as premier or whatever they labeled us at the time for being "the special first".

I've always stayed loyal to this product and watched how its continued to mature.

I know most everyone sees ads everywhere to try Buzzsaw. Have you tried it? Are you using it? What do you think?

What methods are you using for drawing collaboration? After all, email isn't a viable option anymore. Step right up and tell us your story.

All AUGI, all the time tc3dcad60731's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Who's using Buzzsaw?

When I upgraded to 2002 and Inventor 5 i had the option to load the Buzzsaw links on the cpu. I did that but when i tried seeing what it would do one day it told me i needed to register and pay.

Therefore, I have never used it, probably never will, & personally thought i had heard that it was dead in the water on CNBC. I still e-mail stuff around. I love the dwf & viewer and so do my clients.

Login to Give a bone

For one or two drawings here and there, email still works fine. For bigger projects that are too big to email, that's more the Buzzsaw focus.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

We started back in 2000 when you could get 25MB for free. We tested it for about one year and then purchased space and implemented Buzzsaw. Everybody is happy as long as people follow the usage procedures.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Who's using Buzzsaw?

we have been on a big project for the last 6 months, the site has worked great for us, consultants post their dwg, dwf, pdf, and plt files. it has made plotting the set easy and on time. i really enjoy the "stats", i can see when and who logged in and what they did, it has really help us with consultants accountability.
    we signed a year subscription last month, because of the success we experienced.
    our employees can login at home or on the road and do work - that is good for everyone.
    it is a little $$$ (pricey) but worth it, when all is said and done.

Login to Give a bone

I like the accountability feature too.

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Who's using Buzzsaw?

Quote Originally Posted by acad
    When Buzzsaw was first being introduced and tested, I was one of the premier members. In those days membership was free. When they later started to charge for the service, I was able to maintain my free membership for several years since I was classified as premier or whatever they labeled us at the time for being "the special first".

I've always stayed loyal to this product and watched how its continued to mature.

I know most everyone sees ads everywhere to try Buzzsaw. Have you tried it? Are you using it? What do you think?

What methods are you using for drawing collaboration? After all, email isn't a viable option anymore. Step right up and tell us your story.
    our construction department has been using it for... I want to say about 2 years. not sure. I was happy with it for my part, but, for whatever reason, they decided to switch to something else (although we're still keeping the buzzsaw site until the last couple projects on it get closed out).
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost