See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AutoCAD 2008 / 2009 certified User Examination

Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD 2008 / 2009 certified User Examination

Dear all,

Does any one know where to register for the test for AutoCAD 2008 / 2009 certified User Examination or application proficiency examination. Iam attending in AU 2008 at Las vegas, Does any one can help.

Million thanks in advance.

Cheers !!!!

Binu Mathew
    President
    FOCUS Kuwait(Forum Of Cadd UserS- Kuwait)
    www.focuskwt.org

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2008 / 2009 certified User Examination

If memory serves, the way it works is you buy the actual seats from the Autodesk website, and the "voucher" you get is good forever.

Then, once you have purchased your seats, you have to schedule the actual exam with an Autodesk Authorized Training Center in your area, and they will actually administer the test.

I recommend you take the class that Matt Murphy gives on the Certifications at AU2008 -- no guarantees, but last year the people who attended that class got a discount on the price of the actual exam (including discounts on study materials), on top of a little insight into how the tests are formatted.

I would recommend also that if you take the examination, take AutoCAD 2007 first, then recertify on 2008 or 2009. That's the advice I was given, on account of the formatting of the actual test changed with 2008.

Details: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...12&id=10095428

Hope this helps!

Português - Programação Moderator Filipe Francisco's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BinuM View Post
    ...Does any one know where to register for the test for AutoCAD 2008 / 2009 certified User Examination or application proficiency examination. Iam attending in AU 2008 at Las vegas, Does any one can help.
    I'm going to try doing the exam in las vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    ...I recommend you take the class that Matt Murphy gives on the Certifications at AU2008 -- no guarantees, but last year the people who attended that class got a discount on the price of the actual exam (including discounts on study materials), on top of a little insight into how the tests are formatted.
    Thanks for the tip

Cheers

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: AutoCAD 2008 / 2009 certified User Examination

I hope there is also autodesk center in the philippines.. i work and live here in the philippines and i have'nt heard about any autodesk center where i can take the certified user exmination and also if there is any chapter of augi here.. so that i can be a member here locally.

Português - Programação Moderator Filipe Francisco's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by reagan_rl03 View Post
    ... and also if there is any chapter of augi here.. so that i can be a member here locally.
    This is the List of AUGI Country Chapters

Cheers

Login to Give a bone

Dear Jim,

Sorry for the late reply i was out of station, thanks a lots for your information is it in that way the certification is not possible to get while i am in AU 2008?. i thought of in that way will register there itself and will pay the exam / purchased the seats and i can conduct the test in same place. unfortunately i dont think so there is any certified ATC, in this zone,

Yes will attend Mr. Matt murphy class as well to know more about this, but my intetion is not to waste my time as iam there only for a week time is for AU 2008, and would like to achieve something in for my carrier development.

Again Thanks a lots

Binu Mathew
    President
    FOCUS (Forum Of Cadd UserS)
    Kuwait
    cell ; 00965 66097299

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    If memory serves, the way it works is you buy the actual seats from the Autodesk website, and the "voucher" you get is good forever.

Then, once you have purchased your seats, you have to schedule the actual exam with an Autodesk Authorized Training Center in your area, and they will actually administer the test.

I recommend you take the class that Matt Murphy gives on the Certifications at AU2008 -- no guarantees, but last year the people who attended that class got a discount on the price of the actual exam (including discounts on study materials), on top of a little insight into how the tests are formatted.

I would recommend also that if you take the examination, take AutoCAD 2007 first, then recertify on 2008 or 2009. That's the advice I was given, on account of the formatting of the actual test changed with 2008.

Details: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...12&id=10095428

Hope this helps!

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I really don't know if they will have the exams available to take at AU2008; that's a good question.

Usually it's the resellers that administer it...

Sorry I can't be more help but I'll see what I can find out.

Login to Give a bone

Jim,

Thanks a lots for your information, Yes if you gets any more details pls. let me know by the way nice to know you thru. AUGI, lets meet in the AU 2008 hall

Cheers

Binu Mathew
    President
    FOCUS (Forum Of Cadd UserS-Kuwait)
    Cell # 00965 66097299

Login to Give a bone

I will check into this, but last year I am positive they had certification available.
    If I remember correctly, it was off-site.

Anyone else remember this?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by reagan_rl03 View Post
    I hope there is also autodesk center in the philippines.. i work and live here in the philippines and i have'nt heard about any autodesk center where i can take the certified user exmination and also if there is any chapter of augi here.. so that i can be a member here locally.
    You can always start up a local chapter. Then you can gather peers, make some business contacts and friends. If you are successful, your group may grow beyond a local chapter and you could forge ahead eventually becoming a national or regional chapter.

Anyone else from the Pearl of the Orient Seas want to meet up with reagan_rl03?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast