Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dynamically linked Curb Profiles

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dynamically linked Curb Profiles

OK, I got the new version released. There is an example of the dynamic PVI links near the bottom of this page (Example 3):

http://www.quux.biz/SincpacC3D_Help/SP_DLProfiles.htm

Once you link the PVIs, you can drag a centerline PVI around horizontally and/or vertically, and the linked PVIs will follow it.

I can see some other tools will also be handy, such as one that will auto-generate the left and right profiles (complete with linked PVIs) from the centerline. I'll try to get that into the next release.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dsimons View Post
    As you can see with this subdivision, we too have three layers of profiles... 1 - Center, 2- Left Top Of Curb, 3- Right top of Curb. We also show the top of curb through the intersection aligning to the adjacent street (see detail).
    . . .
    I am having to go through each intersection and use feature lines to edit the surface... doesn't help with the x-sections and profiles though. Any suggestions on cross gutters?
    I've been looking at your PDFs, and trying to figure out what's happening. It looks like your left and right TC profiles drop down to flowline at the intersections...? Is that what you're doing? Then how do the curb return profiles and D/4 labels get in there? Is that the part you are adding manually? How are you doing that? Are they simply lines you drew on top of the Profile View yourself, or something else?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I have been trying to figure out how to show my left and right top of curb lines in my center line profile. Can this be done? In LDD I used the vertical editor and copied my center line into L1 and R1 and then changed the elevation globaly to represent the top of curb. Can this be done in Civil 3D or is there a way to show my left and right top of curb in the same profile as my center line with the correct tangents and veritcal curves?

Login to Give a bone

Yes, create your centerline profile, then right-click on it and select "Edit Profile Geometry" from the list. Then use the "Copy Profile" button in the "Edit Profile Geometry" toolbar to create your copies for left and right.

It's at this point that you have three Profiles all on the same Alignment, just as in LDT, but the three Profiles are not connected to each other. So if you edit Centerline, you must also edit your Left and Right Profiles (unless you have the Sincpac-C3D, which can link the three Profiles).

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sinc View Post
    I've been looking at your PDFs, and trying to figure out what's happening. It looks like your left and right TC profiles drop down to flowline at the intersections...? Is that what you're doing? Then how do the curb return profiles and D/4 labels get in there? Is that the part you are adding manually? How are you doing that? Are they simply lines you drew on top of the Profile View yourself, or something else?
    That is correct. We hold the top of curb profile through the curb in this jurisdiction. We are having to hand enter the D/4 points. It is actually really stupid they provide this D/4 calculator that you have to provide the actuall calculations for each intersection. What is the point of using programs such as C3D then.

They call it the planer method. I have attached the spread sheet the City provides and a detail explaining it in case you are unfamiliar with it. It is pretty simple but very not the best way to design the intersection.

The problem is showning the actuall section through the gutter and the plan view correctly in C3D. It would almost be easier to allow for C3D to find plan view enteties and draw what you want.... kinda like the roadway function that attached to a Pline for a link. Any suggestions?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12