See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Matlab with Autocad

Login to Give a bone

Default Matlab with Autocad

I would like to know if somebody have tried to interact Autocad from within Matlab software. I'm trying to get advantage from the capabilities of Matlab to interact with Autocad.Is there any experience out there?.Thanks a lot.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Matlab with Autocad

Not directly with Matlab, but if it has vba, we should be able to help you connect to acad. Do you have some specific questions?
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

Well not specifically so far, but I'd like to manage the database which is created with Land Development Desktop (points); make it some changes that would increase my control over it and increase my productivity reducing possible errors and reworking. But how? I was thinking about Matlab, now you have suggested VBA, that could be a good way, I did not think about VBA, I should confess that I am an illiterate on VBA. Thanks so much.

Login to Give a bone

Well, if you are going to integrate Matlab with acad, you would have to use vba, provided Matlab supports vba. vba can do mathematical calculations, so you may not need Matlab. You would have to first learn vba and then acad's object model and then ldt's object model. You don't need to learn it all at once, although you'll get farther by getting a good footing with vba first. I started with a book from MS Press called Visual Basic Step-By-Step. Its a tutorial type book that will get you a good foundation in about a month. Keep an eye out at augi's atp for upcoming training.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

Definitely you have put me on the way. I will get the tutorial book and start learning VBA; by sure it will solve many of my "problems". Thank you again, you have been very nice.