Thread: Storefront Design Question

Login to Give a bone

Default Storefront Design Question

Attached is a picture of a wall with storefront ribbon windows with windows higher at the two ends and the middle portion with storefront to grade and higher in the middle.

I was wondering what the best way to do build this in Revit?

My first thought was to make a rectangular curtain wall and do all my grids and then remove the segments of grid where the actual wall would be. Then I could go in and change the panel to the wall type.

I was also thinking that I could draw 5 different curtainwalls end to end and modify base and height and overall height of each portion of windows.

Are there any other ways to do this? Is one way better than another because of other pros/cons of the method?

Shawn
    Attached Images Attached Images

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Storefront Design Question

Yes. You can draw a curtain wall as a wall (select it from the walls pull down menu). Draw it straight and later edit the wall profile exactly as you want.

Also, you can draw other wall (where there's no curtain panels) as a regular wall if you want, overlap the curtain wall, edit the profile of the curtain wall, select it , go to properties, edit /new and then select Automatically Embed. The two walls will join and the curtain wall will create the opening in the main wall.

Andre Carvalho

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Andres method works great, thats what i do. First i draw the regular wall, full height, so that it is solid. Then i draw another wall right on top of it (CW type), that is as tall as the highest portion of the CW. Then i use edit profile to get the CW the right shape, and i make sure it is on automatically embed.

Soemtimes, just to avoid Revit being *funny* about the join, i will draw the CW in FRONT of the wall, then move it in to position after ive edited its profile... I would also use a few reference planes for the sketching, to make sure nothing *slithers* here or there when the walls are joining...

Login to Give a bone

This works great. Thanks for your help.