Thread: wacom tablet tips

Login to Give a bone

Question wacom tablet tips

Hi folks,
    I needed to give the mouse-hand a rest so I got a Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet to see how it would work. (right hand mouser, left hand writer...) First impresions are ok, but I find it frustrating to pan and zoom with it. (something i do a lot!)

Is there any way to get similar "dynamic" or on-the-fly panning and zooming with these things? I'm thnking something similar to the way photoshop works, where different ctrl, alt and spacebare combo's change the current command to a pan or zoom.

How about some tips from those of you that have found ways to make the tablet work for you?

All AUGI, all the time Richard McDonald's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: wacom tablet tips

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_L View Post
    Hi folks,
    I needed to give the mouse-hand a rest so I got a Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet to see how it would work. (right hand mouser, left hand writer...) First impresions are ok, but I find it frustrating to pan and zoom with it. (something i do a lot!)

Is there any way to get similar "dynamic" or on-the-fly panning and zooming with these things? I'm thnking something similar to the way photoshop works, where different ctrl, alt and spacebare combo's change the current command to a pan or zoom.

How about some tips from those of you that have found ways to make the tablet work for you?

Yes the panning and zooming is a pain with just a graphics tablet. I have a keyboard with a mouse wheel on the side to take care of that. Also a Nostromo n52 which is brilliant.

The comfort an speed of a pen tablet with the usability of a mouse. I keep a mouse plugged in for one handed work (when I'm drinking tea) and for navigation around the folders.

A word of caution about opening folders with a pen tablet, its very easy to move them into the adjacent folder (unless this is just my incompetence)