Thread: AMEP 2009 Training Courseware

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default AMEP 2009 Training Courseware

After doing a quick (very quick) search on the subject, I have come to the realization that there is very little training material on MEP modeling. For ANY platrform. I work for a VAR and we have people begging for for 09 AMEP training. It's the end of September for crying out loud and there still isn't an 09 AOTC release for this product. We have made do with 08 material, but there ARE some differences. What are other people doing to train their staff on the new release?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AMEP 2009 Training Courseware

Sadly, by avoiding the new release. I'm not pleased by the performance hit in the new version. Which is sad, given the electrical improvements.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

Login to Give a bone

Is there any update in response to this question? I'm in the market for some MEP training material and don't want to waste my money on the '08 AOTC right before I upgrade to '09.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

08 AOTC isn't bad. Some of the most comprehensive material that I have found is the Tutorials that come with the product. They are well written and follow a logical progressive format. Something that is lacking in the AOTC material.

There still has not been 09 AOTC material released (to the best of my knowledge.)

What we ended up doing was combining the 08 AOTC material with the 08 Tutorials and some of the 09 tutorials.

The issue with the 09 tutorials is that (at the time anyway) they were available only in a metric version. Not really a problem, it's just too much to ask of MEP designers learning a new software to also convert to metric for the exercises.

BTW, surely you aren't thinking of upgadeing to 09 when 2010 will be released in March...