Thread: Issue Selecting objects and Double Click Text Editing

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Issue Selecting objects and Double Click Text Editing

Hello all,
    For some reason, dont know how or when, but my CAD (Acad 2007) started misbehaving.

When I double click a piece if text, acad then enters the 'ddedit' command and asks me to pick the text to modify, acad used to just automatically go into a text editing mode.

Same time frame when I click on an object and the use the 'Make object layer current' acad asks me to select object to 'Select object whose layer will become current' where acad used to take the already selected layer.

I have checked my noun/verb setting in options - any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,
    Andre
    Last edited by ReachAndre; 2008-10-30 at 07:15 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Issue Selecting objects and Double Click Text Editing

Quote Originally Posted by ReachAndre View Post
    Hello all,
    For some reason, dont know how or when, but my CAD (Acad 2007) started misbeaving.

When I double click a piece if text, acad then enters the 'ddedit' command and asks me to pick the text to modify, acad used to just automatically go into a text editing mode.

Same time frame when I click on an object and the use the 'Make object layer current' acad asks me to select object to 'Select object whose layer will become current' where acad used to take the already selected layer.

I have checked my noun/verb setting in options - any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,
    Andre
    every couple of months i have the same problem. try pickfirst = 1 that should do it. for some reason it gets reset once in a while.

Login to Give a bone

After your suggestion I checked my 'pickfirst' variable, it is set at 1 and still having the same issue.

Thank you for the suggestion,
    Andre

Keep the ideas coming.

Login to Give a bone

I've recently encountered the same problem, as have others from reading other acad forums. I used to be able to select objects, hit Ctrl+C and they would be pasted to the clipboard. Now it prompts me to Select objects after hitting Ctrl+C. This isn't a Pickfirst or Pickadd problem. This is only a guess, but I'm figureing it has something to do with a recent Windows update. Only a guess, but what else could be in common with so many users with the same problem?
    Last edited by lpseifert; 2008-10-30 at 11:24 PM.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Gigliano70 View Post
    every couple of months i have the same problem. try pickfirst = 1 that should do it. for some reason it gets reset once in a while.
    Does anyone know why this sysvar is resetting every now and then. I was thinking it was only some lisp code or such that caused it. But there's one guy in the office where this happens about every 2nd month. I've tried disabling all customizations, but short of reinstalling there doesn't seem to be anything that I can do - except maybe making a cutomization for him which forces PICKFIRST=1.

BTW, try DBLCLKEDIT=ON as well. Otherwise it may be that your CUI has some other action defined for DLBCLK. Doe this happen to only certain types of entities, or all of them? Try double clicking on a PLINE to start PEDIT, or just a line to open it in Properties Palette.

As to the Ctrl+C, that does sound weird. I've sometimes come accross Ctrl+C not wanting to work. Or at least it seems to work, but then the Ctrl+V doesn't. But that is usually because of some error in one of the drawings which an AUDIT solved. Doing a Ctrl+C should work correctly with PICKFIRST=1, if it's 0 then it should do what you've experienced.

In any case, you may be correct about the WinUpdate. I've got mine set to only display a notification that there is an update (not to download & install is automatically). We use FireFox here to browse, but one guy loves IE. Her recently installed an update from M$ - immediately on starting to use IE he obtained a virus constantly opening & closing MSMesenger. Try starting a program from the Start menu when it disapears every time a program start up . We have since gotten this out, but finding out about it it infects the WINUPD.EXE file, which is the auto updating for windows. So now we're thinking rather just disable auto updating in totality. And he's also now moved to FF instead.
    Last edited by irneb; 2008-10-31 at 05:12 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    Does anyone know why this sysvar is resetting every now and then. I was thinking it was only some lisp code or such that caused it. But there's one guy in the office where this happens about every 2nd month.
    You can add a VBA event handler to watch for system variable changes. That will give you the ammo you need. I've written about this in my VBA Events labs for AU over the last few years. Search AUOnline for my handouts.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    BTW, try DBLCLKEDIT=ON as well.......should work correctly with PICKFIRST=1, if it's 0 then it should do what you've experienced.
    I have checked the following and I amn still having the original problem

DBLCLKEDIT - ON
    PickADD - 1
    Pickfirst - 1

Any firther help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Andre