Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Window Styles - Casements

Login to Give a bone

Default Window Styles - Casements

anyone know where i can get a good range of casement window styles from for ACA?

I've attached an image of the styles i need
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Window Styles - Casements

I'm not sure if they have the size you want, but I know we have a member here from Marvin Windows that has been creating a full suit of of the Marvin Product line.
    If you go to their web site, and look for the i-drop sections (you may need to dig a little to find them).
    I hope this helps.
    I think Anderson may also have some available.

Login to Give a bone

hi david

thanks for the reply, attached is my 3d window stlyes (ACA 09) that I've found on a previous job I did.

I while back when i was using ADT'06 I download some window casement styles from Jeldwin web site.

But now all they have is 2d windows which can be downloaded from www.fastrackcad.com

I've put a ring arround the window styles that I need some help on the following

1.) when using the Jeldwin window styles, the window in 3d dose not represnt the 2d width and height.

It seems that the window style has been set to a standard window width. Is there a way of overiding this so that it will automaticaly stretch?

2. It seems the window styles have been made using a 2d window outline which has been made into a block.
    Dose any now how to do this so i can edit these window styles and customise my own styles?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by warnoe uk View Post
    hi david

thanks for the reply, attached is my 3d window stlyes (ACA 09) that I've found on a previous job I did.

I while back when i was using ADT'06 I download some window casement styles from Jeldwin web site.

But now all they have is 2d windows which can be downloaded from www.fastrackcad.com
    I've never come across any UK ACA window styles from manufacturers (only 2D elevs as you say), I would have a look at the Marvin ones though, you can pick them apart to get a few ideas about how they were created.

I've put a ring arround the window styles that I need some help on the following

1.) when using the Jeldwin window styles, the window in 3d dose not represnt the 2d width and height.
    It seems that the window style has been set to a standard window width. Is there a way of overiding this so that it will automaticaly stretch?
    The display properties have been set so that all framing objects are turned off in 3D and a 3D block has been used based on standard Jeldwen sizes 488, 915, 1342 & 1770 for narrow module and 630, 1200, 1770 & 2339 for standard module (for 1, 2, 3 & 4 light windows respectively).

So if you go into the display properties, on the other tab where it shows custom blocks and click edit, in the dialogue box that pops up put a tick in width and height under where it says scale to fit, the custom blocks will then stretch to match the height and width given to the window object. You will also notice that this is how the bay and bow windows are set up in your file.

2. It seems the window styles have been made using a 2d window outline which has been made into a block.
    Dose any now how to do this so i can edit these window styles and customise my own styles?
    Have you tried creating a block to represent your window styles using the ones in your file as an example and then attach them as a custom block?

If you post an example elevation of what you want, just in Acad lines is fine, I'll have a go at putting one together for you.

Another method of creating these type of casement windows is to use a window assembly for the 3 & 4 light width windows, which I beleive is how the Marvin ones got put together.

Login to Give a bone

hi H'angus

thanks for the reply, I did try the custom block route and attached it to a ACA 09 standard window style.

it did automaticaly strecth horizontaly and vertical when i changed the window size

but

Its added the window block to all my window styles? is there a way of making it an indpendant style which will not effect the other window styles i have?

attached is my cad file which you'll see the window style block has attached to serveral others styles....

grrrrr it's 50% there just a few weird tweaks needed before the window style is finished, anyone have any ideas

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

hi H'angus

thanks for the reply, I did try the custom block route and attached it to a ACA 09 standard window style.

it did automaticaly strecth horizontaly and vertical when i changed the window size

but

Its added the window block to all my window styles? is there a way of making it an indpendant style which will not effect the other window styles i have?

attached is my cad file which you'll see the window style block has attached to serveral others styles....

grrrrr it's 50% there just a few weird tweaks needed before the window style is finished, anyone have any ideas
    When you add the custom blocks make sure that you put a tick in the 'Style Overrides' box in the display properties, which will then add the blocks just to this one window style rather than to all window styles which use the standard display properties.

If that makes sense?

Login to Give a bone

hi H'angus

thanks for that tip and I've tried it just out it works yeppeeee!!!

going to make a style catalog now, if anyone is intrested PLMK

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

hi H'angus

thanks for that tip and I've tried it just out it works yeppeeee!!!

going to make a style catalog now, if anyone is intrested PLMK
    Gonna do the entire Jeldwen range?

Post them in the styles forum when you're done, there's not enough UK styles in there so they'll no doubt be useful to someone.

Oh and I'll expect the doors to be done soon after

Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: Window Styles - Casements

yep UK IG door styles next to do

is it me there's not enough good styles on the net?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

yep UK IG door styles next to do

is it me there's not enough good styles on the net?
    For ACA there are a few US manufacturers who have some styles available but even then not many, and haven't seen any UK styles although I haven't looked much in the last couple years or so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast