See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CAD pranks

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default CAD pranks

Has anyone got any good pranks or settings to change within ACAD to really screw with someone's head? I've been punk'd way too many times around here. It's time for a little retribution. lol

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: CAD pranks

Quote Originally Posted by cwjean76 View Post
    Has anyone got any good pranks or settings to change within ACAD to really screw with someone's head? I've been punk'd way too many times around here. It's time for a little retribution. lol
    Check HERE for starters.
    There are some lisp routine ideas here (on pages 4 and 5 I think).
    Last edited by tedg; 2008-10-06 at 02:18 PM.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Way back in 88 when I was learning on Ver 2.6. We used to throw a point out at 1000000,1000000 and watch people freak out when they would Zoom All and their drawing would dissapear.

Probably wouldn't work on an experienced user but it freaked the students out completely.

Best two I ever pulled was redefining the line command to draw using (grdraw) and having it match the current layer color.... It was really funny until one of the students did his entire drawing without ever zooming or panning... Saved and closed his drawing. Went and got the instructor and opened up a blank drawing.... Felt pretty bad about that one.

Had a co-worker that had learned CAD on a MAC and was always taking jabs at us about how much better it was than the PC... So when he finally migrated over to the PC I redefined his Save command to appear to format his harddrive.... This one nearly had me and our other drafter in tears when he freaked out.

Of course this was back before Windoze and was easy to simulate with DOS.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

If you don't even want to touch the person's PC, place this into a file called ACADDOC.LSP in any of the folders where the drawings (he/she usually works on) is situated. You need to know their login name though:
    Code:
    (setq users '("USERNAME1" "USERNAME2")) ;Add as many as you want
    (if (member (getvar "loginname") users)
      (progn
        (alert "You're not allowed to touch this drawing anymore.\n\nResign NOW!!!!!")
        (command "_close")
      )
    )

Login to Give a bone

When they are away from there computer you could change the crosshairs to the same color as the background color and the text color the same as the commandline color.
    They can still draw it just messes with them.

This is done in Options under the Display tab.

You can also change the Automatic save time to 1 minute. That's real annoying.

Login to Give a bone

Drop in a quick lisp that makes it do a regen every few minutes.
    Give people a job worth doing, the tools to do it, recognition of a job well done & get out of the way.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    If you don't even want to touch the person's PC, place this into a file called ACADDOC.LSP in any of the folders where the drawings (he/she usually works on) is situated. You need to know their login name though:
    Code:
    (setq users '("USERNAME1" "USERNAME2")) ;Add as many as you want
    (if (member (getvar "loginname") users)
      (progn
        (alert "You're not allowed to touch this drawing anymore.\n\nResign NOW!!!!!")
        (command "_close")
      )
    )
    That's funny!
    There are some users I'd like to use this on, make it look official too like from the owner of the company!

If they have "whohas.arx" loaded and are in a drawing, is the name that you're given the login name you're referring to? Would that be the "USERNAME1" in this code?

I could stop if I wanted to Mamma Jamma's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

You could UNDEFINE a common command, like line, then define it to do something else instead, maybe some bizarre lisp or something.

(Just remember how to REDEFINE it.)

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    That's funny!
    There are some users I'd like to use this on, make it look official too like from the owner of the company!

If they have "whohas.arx" loaded and are in a drawing, is the name that you're given the login name you're referring to? Would that be the "USERNAME1" in this code?
    That's it, WHOHAS displays the username followed by the computer name in parentheses. E.g.
    Code:
    Open by:
    Tommy (Tommy's PC)
    You can change any one of USERNAME1 or -2 to Tommy. I've put it in a list so you can add more than one person, e.g.:
    Code:
    (setq users '("Tommy" "Brenda" "Sam"))
    Will perform the same thing for all 3 users.

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I always just made the computer say stuff to the user, or one time, we had this user that would always prank call everyones extension constantly, so I got so fed up with it, I wrote a little routine that would exit out of AutoCAD as soon as he opened a drawing, he couldnt figure out what was going on. It makes it a lot easier when all of the company's shared programs are located in one location, just modify, upload, and it will automatically start running the next time a user opens another drawing.
    Sadly, I erased all my prank codes, because I switched companies, and didnt want it cluttering up my legitimate programs.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast