Thread: Background Mask size

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Background Mask size

Well I have had partial success in using multiple line text attribute with background masking turned on. Unfortunately the background mask seams to be a little bigger then the attribute I want it to mask. It is as though there is one more character behind the last one. This is interfering with line work I don't want masked. Have you ever experienced this before?

Thanks,

David Raynor

P.S. attached is an example of the problem. Notice the circle is broken in the bottom right quadrant because of the background mask. I have played with the offset settings, but the extra space at the end of it is the problem, not just the offset.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I could stop if I wanted to artisteroi's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Background Mask size

Quote Originally Posted by ddraynor View Post
    Well I have had partial success in using multiple line text attribute with background masking turned on. Unfortunately the background mask seams to be a little bigger then the attribute I want it to mask. It is as though there is one more character behind the last one. This is interfering with line work I don't want masked. Have you ever experienced this before?

Thanks,

David Raynor

P.S. attached is an example of the problem. Notice the circle is broken in the bottom right quadrant because of the background mask. I have played with the offset settings, but the extra space at the end of it is the problem, not just the offset.
    it's an invisible unicode like the weird P thing in word. You cant get rid it but you can change to a smaller font size at both ends of your string text and it will make the offset smaller.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Background Mask size

Quote Originally Posted by artisteroi View Post
    it's an invisible unicode like the weird P thing in word. You cant get rid it but you can change to a smaller font size at both ends of your string text and it will make the offset smaller.
    Yuck, well my company cad standards are pretty specific on the font, and it's size. If there are any known work arounds, I'd be game to try them, if we just have to live with it, I guess that's what we'll do.

Thanks,
    David R.

I could stop if I wanted to artisteroi's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Yuck, well my company cad standards are pretty specific on the font, and it's size. If there are any known work arounds, I'd be game to try them, if we just have to live with it, I guess that's what we'll do.

Thanks,
    David R.
    you can always turn the mask off and draw it in manually using wipe out. then you can make it any size you want. you can even make a wipe out dyna block so that you can just insert it and stretch it to fit. then use send to back to put it behind the text.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks,

David Raynor

Change the OFFSET FACTOR before you select the Text.