Thread: How to get rid of an AutoCAD Error - "default media size is invalid"

Login to Give a bone

Default How to get rid of an AutoCAD Error - "default media size is invalid"

Working on a drawing and hit the print preview. Looks like there wasn't a pagesetup on the layout and I'm getting the error messages "default media size is invalid". If I hit the cancel button the error message reappears, if I hit the OK button the error reappears.

I've hit both buttons several times and I can't get this to go away. I can't kill AutoCAD cos It hasn't been saved and it's tied back into a database.

Any one got any Ideas?

Thanks

Robert Aitken

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to get rid of an AutoCAD Error - "default media size is invalid"

Kill it and hope for an auto save that will allow you to restore the drawing changes as best as possible, then once everything is okay, make sure you check the page setup settings prior to a plot preview. Unless your SAVETIME variable is set to something like 200 and AutoCAD has not generated an auto save file.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to get rid of an AutoCAD Error - "default media size is invalid"

When I was using AutoCAD2005, it was OK. But AutoCAD2002 had been error as that.
    Kindly reply that problem for me. Thanks with best regards.

Login to Give a bone

This error comes from a plotter setup (.pc3 file) that have not been setup for a paper size yet. It is not a big deal as acad like to make of it, and it is easy to fix.

A good purge and audit won't hurt either.

Also, as a CAD manager, I have no sympathy for people who lose their work due to not saving.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

This is my first post and i would like to thank youall for the help you provide. You have helped me many times with RobotStructural program!!

I would like some help with this problem as well. ""basamjy"" says that it is a pc3 problem but i believe it is related with the 2000 version specifically becouse i use the same plotter now also with autocad2011 and this message never appears.

Does anyone know why this message appears in AutoCAD2000 and what is the error? What should i do in the pc3 file? I set the desired paper there and everything seems ok. Then when i go to plot command, i choose my plotter (T770 44in), set the custom properties and save the changes i want , i get the message " default media size is invalid"!

Any ideas?
    Last edited by nikosgavros; 2010-10-27 at 03:10 PM.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I M Used For Mechanical Desktop 2006 I M Select The printer name and Error Default Media size in valid I am Select OK or Cancel,next massage,this Plotter configuration can not be used for one of these reasons, the driver can not be found, the device can not be found, or the driver has a problem.The none plot device has been substituted.
    my printer name is HP Leserjet 8000 series
    this is attached the networking
    Plz Help