Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Content Center problem

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Content Center problem

a problem has come up with our copy of inventor 2008, latly when i try to bring up the content center, a dialog box comes up saying i have to log in and it needs a password and user name. I think in the past it did that once and then never did it again, and we just left everything blank and it let us in. Now it came up again and won't let us in when we do that. It says there is something wrong with the local server, and it doesn't have any other servers to pick from in the drop down list. We didn't install vault or anything like that when we loaded inventor so i am not sure why it does this, and now we can't get to the content. if anyone knows what to do or understands this, the help would be greatly appreciated!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Content Center problem

From what i can understand you need to log into the autodesk data management server, If you have your content center installed on a server you will have to find it on there else if you have content center installed on your machine you can try to log in with the following (you don't need to have installed vault for this to work),

Go to File>Autodesk Data Management Server>Log In

Server Name: localhost
    User Logon Name: administrator
    Vault Name: Vault

these are the default settings.

You may need to check that you installed content center and the data management server by going to add-remove programs, inventor,then click on modify and check the settings.

Hope this helps

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I checked and everything is still installed (Data management server and the content files), and eveyrthing is in the login as you say to have it, the problem comes in that I get an error message saying that it can't find the data management services on local host.
    everything had worked before, it is configured to run off my computer. The same time this error happened, Inventor's help files also started giving me errors with scripts (like when i would click on one of the tabs at the top of the help file for procedure, referece, or concept.) I don't know if they are related or not.

Login to Give a bone

Do you have service pack 1 installed? If not try installing to see if it fixes your problem, if you do have it installed did you have the problem before you installed the service pack, if this is an inventor problem there might be a hotfix available.

Manufacturing Moderator jonathan.landeros's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Are you sure that the AutoDesk Data Management Server got installed? It sounds like the backbone for Content Center didn't get installed. You should see it in Add/Remove Programs.

Also, if you're only using Content Center (Not Vault), you can check the check box in the login screen (I think it says something like 'Content Center Read Only', but can't remember for sure). Also check 'automatically login' to prevent it from calling that screen again.
    Jonathan Landeros
    KETIV Technologies
    Orange County, California.

I've got a blog: www.inventor-tales.blogspot.com

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction.Next stop, Looneyville.” -Bob the Skull in the Dresden Files

Login to Give a bone

I'm having a similar issue as well. I've installed inventor but it says i need the ADMS to view the Content Center. Problem is, I don't think I've installed the ADMS. Autodesk KB says to install from the media install disk but I don't see the install package on the disk anywhere. Is there an easy solution to this? Thanks.

Manufacturing Moderator jonathan.landeros's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by edepusoy View Post
    I'm having a similar issue as well. I've installed inventor but it says i need the ADMS to view the Content Center. Problem is, I don't think I've installed the ADMS. Autodesk KB says to install from the media install disk but I don't see the install package on the disk anywhere. Is there an easy solution to this? Thanks.
    Is this R2008? If so, should show up on the install splash screen as ADMS Console (if I remember correct).
    Jonathan Landeros
    KETIV Technologies
    Orange County, California.

I've got a blog: www.inventor-tales.blogspot.com

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction.Next stop, Looneyville.” -Bob the Skull in the Dresden Files

Login to Give a bone

It's Inventor Suite 2008 and I did not see it in the splash screen. BTW, R2008 meaning "Release 2008"?

Login to Give a bone

I had to replace my computer and it came with Vista 64 bit OS. I have installed all my AutoDesk products including Inventor. With some minor changes for Architecture 2008 I have them all up and running fine except the Content Center in Inventor.

I get errors when I am installing with setup64.exe at the ADMS check list splash screen.
    I get a failure in the checking ASP status box, requiring an action which says: "ASPX file fiailed to run at URL:http//localhost/TestASP/TestASPNet.aspx". When I try the diagnostic suggestions it does not work.

I also get two warnings: "Check IIS contection time out" and that I change to 900; and "Checking for know firewall" which I have Norton and I turn it off. The result is the same. The program loads and works but the Content Center does not.

Any suggestions? I have solved the problem when it occurs with XP but cannot seem to get a handle on it with Vista.

Since I am an instructor and I need this software I am in need of a solution ASAP.

Just down the hall next to the manager's office
    Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Content Center problem

In R2009 Vault is installed unless the user specifies that it is a stand alone machine. With stand alone the install creates a vault folder and installs part of it, but the content center is created on your own system rather than on a server.

My question is:- Is your system stand alone or is it linked to a server?

If a server then you will need to find out the name of that server and add it into the content center login information when you attempt to activate it. If you also check read only there will be no need to add any other login information to the dialogue.
    If stand alone I suggest that you uninstall the product and re-install as stand alone user.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast