Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inventor Installation

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Inventor Installation

The problem is I have done complete removal of Inventor 2008 as far as in the registry. Then reinstalled (clean install) and get the error and it will not load the ADMS. I have also do a clean removal again and did a clean install of 2009 with the same result as listed above. For some reason the computer will not see or recognize ADMS and allow it to install. I had no problems with it on my old computer running XP. I also don't have any problems with AutoCAD 2008, Architectural 2008, Revit 2008, 3D Studio Viz 2008 and Max 2008. So why am I having problems loading all of Inventor 2008? Since I teach this and need to be able to have my students ready for the Autodesk certification tests I need to have this active. Again I am running out of ideas and Autodesk has not been any help. I have not gotten any responses from them on their forums or from other contacts.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

OK, can you please tell me - Did you follow the instructions that I gave you in my first post in this thread?

I was getting exactly the same error message that you described and that method solved my problem.

If you don't understand my instructions please let me know and I'll break it down even further if I can.

Jon.

BTW, I don't think your usage of the term 'clean install' is entirely consistent with most people perception of it. Usually a 'clean install' is immediately after a reformat of the hard drive and reinstallation of the operating system.
    Last edited by jguest; 2008-11-05 at 11:30 PM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

- Kristin Wilson, Nintendo, Inc., 1989.

Login to Give a bone

Sorry but nothing here helped. I tried what I could and no success.

Login to Give a bone

Yes, I did exactly what you gave me and there was no success.

No the clean install was the recommendation from Autodesk. I removed all files and removed all associations in the registry.

Login to Give a bone

Remember Vista and 64bit applications run and look different than XP. There is no 'ASP.NET v2.0.50727 (32-bit)" listing it is "aspnet_state" and that did not help to turn on.
    Last edited by twhistler; 2008-11-06 at 04:29 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by twhistler View Post
    Sorry but nothing here helped. I tried what I could and no success.
    OK, thanks for getting back to us. It's difficult to know how to proceed when we don't know what you've tried or what did or didn't work.

No the clean install was the recommendation from Autodesk. I removed all files and removed all associations in the registry.
    I'm not suggesting it yet, but would a true 'clean install' be a possibility on this system? i.e. is it a possibility to reformat and reinstall or is this machine performing other functions as well? (This is a last resort, but it's good to know what the options are.)

Remember Vista and 64bit applications run and look different than XP. There is no 'ASP.NET v2.0.50727 (32-bit)" listing it is "aspnet_state" and that did not help to turn on.
    The system that I installed it on is 64-bit, it's just a 32-bit process running on a 64-bit OS. Not exactly unusual.

I only have 32-bit Vista running on my Laptop, but a customer has Inventor and ADMS on Vista Ultimate 64, however it is standalone so it's likely accessing it through 'localhost' rather than through IIS.

Is it possible for you to grab a screenshot (Alt+PrntScr) of the page where you set the "aspnet_state" and post it here?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Login to Give a bone

I have attached a pdf with the screen capture.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

OK, thanks for that.

When you switched it on, did you set it to "Automatic" on the startup type as well as starting the service?

If so, did you reboot the system after you set it to start automatically?

If you didn't do both of these things could you please give them a try?

It's possible that another service that is dependant on the asp.NET service to run didn't start properly unless the asp.NET service was properly started at system boot.

Let us know if that helps.

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Inventor Installation

I have done a complete clean install (reformat) earlier without success. I am trying to install this as a stand alone but will not give me the option to change. Each install has been set on Automatic with the exception of a couple of times where I tried some experimentation, again without success.

Login to Give a bone

I have done a complete clean install (reformat) earlier without success. I am trying to install this as a stand alone but will not give me the option to change. Each install has been set on Automatic with the exception of a couple of times where I tried some experimentation, again without success.
    I'm sorry to say this, my friend, but I'm out of suggestions.

The only thing I can come up with now is to raise a support request with Autodesk. (Being Inventor, you are on subscription aren't you?) Some of your earlier comments suggested that you may have already done that though, so I really don't know what to do.

Point of curiosity: Do you have another PC you can attempt the install on? Preferrably an XP Pro machine. Time consuming, I know, but if that works then it may trigger something in your mind that allows you to get the Vista based install working.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast