See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Arial Narrow as standard font

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Arial Narrow as standard font

I'm setting up out co's title blocks using 2005. I'm wondering if anyone knows why I might stay clear of using Arial Narrow as our standard. I've read the post on the problems with bolding this font, but don't see any others.

One problem that I experienced using 2002 was when I created a text mask. Everything displayed correctly on screen, but the plots always came out without the font fill. I tracked (..actually this forum tracked..)the problem down to having the 'hide plot' set to 'yes' for the viewports in the properties manager.

This same example using 2005 and a background mask with the dimensions produces the correct results.

Just wondering if there are any other lurking problems.

Jason

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Arial Narrow as standard font

Quote Originally Posted by jkipfer
    I'm setting up out co's title blocks using 2005. I'm wondering if anyone knows why I might stay clear of using Arial Narrow as our standard. I've read the post on the problems with bolding this font, but don't see any others.

One problem that I experienced using 2002 was when I created a text mask. Everything displayed correctly on screen, but the plots always came out without the font fill. I tracked (..actually this forum tracked..)the problem down to having the 'hide plot' set to 'yes' for the viewports in the properties manager.

This same example using 2005 and a background mask with the dimensions produces the correct results.

Just wondering if there are any other lurking problems.

Jason
    ~shrug~ pretty quiet on this post? I hope that means there isn't much wrong with the idea.
    I don't know of problems, but, that could also be because I've not used arial narrow that much to notice.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Arial Narrow as standard font

The last time I tried using ttf fonts in my titleblock (admittedly it was a few years ago), the performance was terrible. There was a known problem with the display manager when ttf's were nested entities. Don't know if its still a problem since I've just stayed away from ttf's in my titleblocks. I also had the same unpredictabilty with fills back then. Another reason I stayed away from embedding ttf fonts in blocks.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn