Thread: etransmit

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy etransmit

I have a problem using the etransmit command. I actually have never been able to use the etransmit command because every time I try AutoCAD crashes after displaying the error box with;
    Unhandled violation reading 0x0008
    exception at 63c62e45h
    Same error every time. I'm hoping someone here has had the same problem because I can't get any help from Autodesk or the company I purchase my subscription from...
    Thanks,
    Micheal
    cds@mkmk.com

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: etransmit

Hi

What version of AutoCAD are you running?

What Operating System are you running?

Have you tried a repair install of AutoCAD (if running any anti-virus software, make sure you turn off before running the repair install)?

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    Hi

What version of AutoCAD are you running?

What Operating System are you running?

Have you tried a repair install of AutoCAD (if running any anti-virus software, make sure you turn off before running the repair install)?

Have a good one, Mike
    Hello Mike -
    I'm using ADT 2004 on an xp-Pro PC. I did a repair....took me a little while to recover from that too. I didn't realize I would lose my menu setups. Not too bad to fix, just unexpected. However that didn't fix it. I had someone else suggest that I do a repair each month...I think he doesn't have any customized menus.
    Can you think of anything else?
    Thanks,
    Micheal

Login to Give a bone

Hi Michael

Please note I've *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD General Forum to this one as this particular issue / problem could be directly related to using ADT.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Check out the following thread (the bit of interest is the snippet from Ed Jobe) -

Red AutoSNAP marker

Issues/Problems with random crashes are notoriously difficult to resolve due to their very nature.... hopefully Ed's little guide will help.

+

Have a browse of the following thread (it doesn't answer your particular problem, but hopefully it will suggest a few other pointers that you may want to investigate) -

Fatal Error ... blah blah blah

+

As you've access to an Autodesk 2004 (or 2005) product have you tried the following -

<snip>
    Error Reporting utility let's you send in reports to Autodesk if AutoCAD crashes. Do it and make the next Service Pack or Release more stable. If AutoCAD ends unexpectedly, and the Error Report message is not displayed, make sure the REPORTERROR system variable is set to 1.
    </snip>

+

It might be easier in the long run to completely uninstall ADT; Clean, Scan etc PC; Update Operating System with regards Updates & Service Packs; Then reinstall ADT (if running any anti-virus software, make sure you turn off before installing) -

ID: TS45252 - Remove all Autodesk® software products from system to ensure clean installation

ID: TS80111 - Autodesk® Architectural Desktop 2004 uninstall procedure does not remove all files

ID: TS79311 - Issues occur after reinstalling AutoCAD® 2004 then running AutoCAD® as a user

Further searching on the Autodesk web site may well turn up additional information -

ADT Knowledge Base

Search Autodesk web site

Once reinstalled update ADT 2004 with appropriate Updates & Service Packs

ADT Data & Downloads

Have a good one, Mike