Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Access violation"

Login to Give a bone

Angry "Access violation"

I created a 3D model (which is now over 56MB) and is not the fastest drawing in the world to manipulate (rotate, zoom, copy, etc). I have just inserted a drawing that could be called a block (drawing file that I copied and pasted into my assembly drawing). I can click the button to view the 'right' and left' and some iso views- however when I try to view the top, bottom, front (and a few others) I get the following error:

"Failed to calculate silhouettes of a face.
    Modeling Operation Error:
    Coincident face_face_ints with different body vertices.
    Regenerating model.
    Failed to calculate silhouettes of a face.
    Coincident face_face_ints with different body vertices."

The drawing will repeat this statement over and over again for about 5 minutes and finally 'crash'. Anyone have any thoughts as to what has happened here? The part I inserted into this file is a very small concealed hinge (153KB) drawn on layer '0'. I just don't understand what is happening!!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: "Access violation"

Hi

Are these drawings done in vanilla AutoCAD or an Autodesk vertical product?

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

I created the drawing using ACAD 2002 (I think- or maybe 2000), have since used ACAD 2004 and now using 2005. Are these considered 'Vanilla'? We do not have any add-ons to our system other than the express tools functions....

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Yes those are considered vanilla.

MDT offered the following for "Coincident face_face_ints with different body vertices" -

ID: TS46371 - Error after importing step file using STEPIN: Modeling operation error

AutoCAD offered the following for "Modeling Operation Error:" -

ID: TS64705 - Error when using solids editing commands: Modeling Operation Error

Autodesk Discussion Groups for AutoCAD offered the following for "Modeling Operation Error:" -

"Modeling Operation Error:" - 79 Results

Autodesk Discussion Groups for AutoCAD offered the following for "Coincident face_face_ints with different body vertices" -

"Coincident face_face_ints with different body vertices" - 7 Results

You might try searching other areas on the Autodesk Discussion Groups for more information on those types of areas.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Mike! Your second help was a good work around to this issue. ("AutoCAD offered the following for "Modeling Operation Error:" -

ID: TS64705 - Error when using solids editing commands: Modeling Operation Error")
    I have completed some commands within the drawing now without any issues, errors, or have yet to be kicked out and lose any work- what a good feeling!! I simply shifted my entire drawing to make the object in question closer to the UCS as the above mentions to try. Thanks again.

Login to Give a bone

Jeff.

Have you tried creating individual objects in their own files and Xreffing them into your "final" drawing? It can make things go faster.

Login to Give a bone

I like that suggestion John. If I x-ref solids into a dwg will I still be able to rotate the objects as a whole? I just wouldn't be able to modify the x-ref'd objects within the dwg- correct?

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: "Access violation"

Okay now I am able to x-ref the drawing out to others. Here is my dilemma, I have a drawing that spans across six drawing files (prior to using 3D of any kind). All of these drawings were done 2D and pretty much showed the general views (Top, Front, Side), but there was so much detail that it took multiple sheets to make this happen. Now I have drawn this object in 3D and have the problem when I x-ref the drawing from lets say the first drawing in the series (C10273-001-D01.dwg) to the sixth in the series (C10273-001-D06). I take the x-ref and insert it into 'D06' within model space. Then go to Paperspace where I add the title block and set up my views I want to show- in this case the back of the object- to dimension. Now I try to set up my drawing and when I select the viewport I want I get the message that a block cannot be found. I know this is because it x-ref'd in- is there any way to work around this so I do not have to change completely the way we file our drawings? (Using ACAD 2005- vanilla)

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jeff.garr
    I like that suggestion John. If I x-ref solids into a dwg will I still be able to rotate the objects as a whole? I just wouldn't be able to modify the x-ref'd objects within the dwg- correct?
    Yes. That's correct but it's better to locate the xreffed objects correctly in the first place.

John B

Login to Give a bone

".....Now I have drawn this object in 3D and have the problem when I x-ref the drawing from lets say the first drawing in the series (C10273-001-D01.dwg) to the sixth in the series (C10273-001-D06). I take the x-ref and insert it into 'D06' within model space....."

Can you not create six layouts in the one file? You will only xref the separate items once each.
    Also, decide whether you are going to put all xrefs on one layer or put each on its own layer.

John B

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast