Thread: dimscale help

Login to Give a bone

Question dimscale help

Okay, here's another quirk about the drawing last mentioned (see thread from last week).
    Now I cannot set the dimscale to anything but 1. When I try to re-set it it comes back with "Cannot set DIMSCALE to that value".
    Any help out there ?

Thanks in advance.

Civil 3D 2008

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: dimscale help

Quote Originally Posted by asmckee View Post
    Okay, here's another quirk about the drawing last mentioned (see thread from last week).
    Now I cannot set the dimscale to anything but 1. When I try to re-set it it comes back with "Cannot set DIMSCALE to that value".
    Any help out there ?

Thanks in advance.

Civil 3D 2008
    According to Help

When DIMSCALE is set to 0, and the current dimension style is not annotative, the overall dimension scale of dimensions created in paper space viewports is determined be the viewport scale.When the current dimension style is annotative (DIMANNO is set to 1), the DIMSCALE value is set to 0. Changes to the DIMSCALE value are ignored and the value is reset to 0.
    But actually, DIMSCALE value will reset to 1 and not 0. Dunno why?

Login to Give a bone

I assume you're trying to set the dimscale by typing DIMSCALE at the command prompt.

Check the properties (Fit tab) of your current dimension style. If the dimension style is annotative you are not able to change the dimscale.

The help is misleading, maybe even incorrect. What I see happening is when you change the dimension style to annotative (DIMANNO=1) the DIMSCALE remains set to whatever value it was at the time you set the style to annotative.

So change your dimension style to not be annotative and you should be able to change your DIMSCALE.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks to all, that was the trick.
    I set my current dimension style to NON-Annotative and I can then set DIMSCALE to any number I want. Oh, the feeling of power over software.
    Thanks again

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jpaulsen View Post
    I assume you're trying to set the dimscale by typing DIMSCALE at the command prompt.

Check the properties (Fit tab) of your current dimension style. If the dimension style is annotative you are not able to change the dimscale.

The help is misleading, maybe even incorrect. What I see happening is when you change the dimension style to annotative (DIMANNO=1) the DIMSCALE remains set to whatever value it was at the time you set the style to annotative.

So change your dimension style to not be annotative and you should be able to change your DIMSCALE.
    Jeff don't you think this should be informed on Autodesk? I bet it should be.