See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ribbon Message - "The Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded."

Login to Give a bone

Default Ribbon Message - "The Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded."

When I open AutoCAD I get this message and the ribbon is blank. I checked the CUI and it looks like the tabs and panels are listed under the ribbon, but they aren't getting loaded.

Any suggestions???

Please Help,

Tony

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Ribbon Message - "The Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded."

Never mind...I found it...

Our outisde IT consultants did some updates which corrupted my CUI file. I overwrotewith the backup that I have saved on my desktop and everything showed up.

Certifiable AUGI Addict robert.1.hall72202's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Ribbon Message - "The Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded."

I had the same issue and unfortunately do not have a good backup file.
    My CUI is toast and I do not have any ribbon tabs. Yeah me!

All AUGI, all the time Liamnacuac's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I have one individual, who has a tendancy to munch files and thus I blocked his access to his application files in explorer, who doesn't get his ribbon. I can load his .CUI files, but I still don't get the ribbon. Is it likely that his acad.CUI is no good, or coul;d it be that since I have restricted access to files, acad is having a hard time getting to the ribbon tabs and panels? This doesn't make much sense to me, since ACAD.cui loads and runs.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I thought the ribbon required a local path. If that is the case then you might have cut him off. Don’t know for sure I am lucky not to have any one that needs restricting.

Login to Give a bone

do the ribbons have to be from a local path?

I just set up 2009 and would like to give the ribbons a try. My custom cui is the main one and it originally contained no tabs or panels. I did a transfer from the ACA.cui, but they don't show up and I still get the message "The Ribbon does not have any tabs loaded" What am I doing wrong?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Ribbon Message - "The Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded."

Quote Originally Posted by tmurray View Post
    Never mind...I found it...

Our outisde IT consultants did some updates which corrupted my CUI file. I overwrotewith the backup that I have saved on my desktop and everything showed up.
    Can you share where you found it? I have 40 seats and some have started losing their ribbon panels for no reason - that I can detect - help????

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tcbondr View Post
    Can you share where you found it? I have 40 seats and some have started losing their ribbon panels for no reason - that I can detect - help????
    The backup is saved in the same location as the CUI file. It can be restored in the CUI editor by right-clicking on the CUI file in the Customizations In pane.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

To fix this, type 'cui' to open the 'Customize User Interface' window.
    Make sure you are on the customize tab (should be default)
    Make sure the top left window is expanded (the Customizations in All Files window)
    Scroll to the very top and right-click 'ACA'
    Then select 'Reset ACA.CUIX'
    Click 'Continue' on the pop up window.
    Then I had to close and re-open AutoCAD for the ribbon to reappear.
    Hope this helps

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Ribbon Message - "The Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded."

Hi, let me share my experience with you. Maybe it gives some of you a solution.

After installing an application my ribbon and toolbars were all gone. My application worked fine though and so did the AutoCAD commands by typing. Changing to other profiles did not help. After repairing the Civil 3D installation using the Windows Software menu, at the start of the CUI command AutoCAD said it was "unable to open C:\Documents and Settings\<my name>\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2010\enu\Support\c3d.cuix".

At last I found this file in these two directories:

C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010\UserDataCache\Support
    C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010(2)\UserDataCache\Support

The "(2)" is probably because I removed and reinstalled Civil 3D 2010.

Apparently I did the right guess by copying the complete contents of the UserDataCache directory to the ...Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2010\enu directory.

After this my Civil 3D worked fine again, including my application.

Amazing computer world!

Siem

P.S. actually this is still under non disclosure: AutoCAD 2011 will have a Bonnet with two Ribbons!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast