Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MvPart Property Set Definitions

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default MvPart Property Set Definitions

Hello all,

I'm back into the world of making custom company equipment tags, and have some questions regarding PSDs and MvParts.

1) Is it possible to have a PSD that gets data from values I've defined in a parametric part? For example, I've made a custom parametric part that our company uses for its diffusers, and the part can be 12x12, 15x15, 18x18, 21x21. The connection size can vary as well, however, when we tag these diffusers we want to display (for example) 18x18 CD-1, where the 18x18 is the size parameter I've specified in my parametric part. I've found that the GTagAirTerminalObjects has an automatic field for ConnectionWidth/Height, but that's not what I want. I stumbled across this thread from a few years ago ( http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=62210 ) where it appears that claus was able to get a PSD called MvPartRadiatorCatalogData and then tell it which variables he wanted from the part. This is essentially what I'd like to do, except instead of MvPartRadiatorCatalogData, is there a PSD called MvPartAirTerminalCatalogData? and if so, how can I get it? (Scott, I noticed you had replied in the thread, I'm hoping you can help me out here as well.)

2) Along the same lines, whenever you insert an Air Terminal, the General Properties has a field called Subtype that is set based on how the part was classified upon creation. Is there a way to access this field when making a custom property set? I realize that right now there's a field in GTagAirTerminalObjects where you can set it to Diffuser, Grille, etc., but you have to set it manually upon part insertion/tagging, and it'd be really nice if it could set it for you automatically, since it clearly knows what subtype it is.

I think that's it for now, thanks in advance!
    -Brad

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MvPart Property Set Definitions

You could just create a new formula definition under the GTagAirTerminalObjects Property Set, name the definition "CustomTag" and have it be:

RESULT = "[PanelSize] [NeckSize] [Mark]"

Then just create a new Schedule Tag (Menu > Format > Define Schedule Tag) and have the tag reference the definition you created.

-Buzz

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks buzz,

Question: Where will it be getting the PanelSize and NeckSize from?

Also, for other equipment such as fan coils and VAV boxes, I'd like to be able to pull the Model Size Number, which I have defined as a parametric parameter, and is used in the name of the part. Is there a way to do this as well? (e.g. FC-12H-034 where 12H represents model size 12, Horizontal unit (034 is a room number, which will need to be manually entered))

Thanks,
    Brad

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

You should get those from the parametric part (I guessed at the names, not sure how you are defining them).

FYI, I have mine under the GTagAirTerminalObjects Property Set Definition

You can display any property you want, model, size, etc. - you just have to define them within the Parametric Part, or have them be user defined and attached via a schedule tag.

I am not sure if I am explaining this good enough, it is a little confusing and took me a while to figure out... let me know if this doesn't make sense and I will try to post screenshots to help explain.

-Buzz

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Ok Buzz,

I'm beginning to follow you (I think). Attached is a screenshot of my Size Parameters > Parameter Configuration window for a diffuser I'd like to tag. The Attribute I'd like to pass into the tag is the one shown as W with the description of 'Neck Size'.

What would I then enter into the PSD?

"[W] x [W] [Mark]" ? (W is the side length of the neck, and since the neck is always square, I want to display 18 x 18 if W=18 ).

Thanks,
    Brad

[EDIT: screenshot is in post below]

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

whoops, here's the screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Close, first you need to create the formula definition that uses the DuctEngineeringData Property Set Definition: [RectangularDuctWidth] and [RectangularDuctHeight] - this is the definition that you would name "NeckSize".

-Buzz

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Dang, my explanations suck.. sorry

For clarification, The "NeckSize" property would be attached to the parametric part upon the insertion of your schedule tag.

The easiest thing might be for you to take a look at an OOTB Air Terminal Parametric Part (like the "Generic Sidewall Diffuser" under Air Terminals > Registers). You will notice that you can select the size (12x6 for instance), and then tag it and that size shows up in the tag. Then if you explode the tag (3 times), you will notice that the tag is pulling the data from the "GTagAirTerminalObjects:ConnectionSize" property.

-Buzz

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I think I'm understanding you, but I don't think that'll produce quite what I'd like.

The 18x18 I want to display isn't the connection size (perhaps my use of Neck Size is causing confusion), it's the overall WxH of the diffuser. For instance, in the screenshot below, you can see that I've added an 18x18 rectangular neck diffuser with an 8x12 connection (I made this parametric diffuser by modifying the square neck diffuser that you can create through the Parametric Part Wizard). When I tag the diffuser using an OOTB tag, it retrieves the connection size and displays 8x12.

When I examine the GTagAirTerminals PSD, I notice that it already has an Auto field called RectangularConnectionWidth that somehow retrieves the connetion width (perhaps the connector sends it to it?)

Perhaps you've explained already and I'm just not following, but how can I get my parameter W into a PSD field?
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Ah, for that (since it is a geometric variable, not a property), you cannot grab it in a tag. This is where mvparts are more powerful than parametric parts. There is a workaround though I think... I will post back shortly.

-Buzz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast