Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dynamic Windows

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dynamic Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Gigliano70 View Post
    Hi Rico,
    this isn't to see what block people HAVE shared... It's to see what blocks people are going TO share. Therfore searching for new window blocks would not work. This is a sharing group, inviting people to share in doing so, helping to ADD to the amount and diversity of future searches where someone would first search for WINDOWS and find this and other threads. I see nothing wrong with this particular thread or the other you closed for that matter. They both were intended to encourage more sharing which i'm sorry to say there hasn't been alot of lately. In fact I think I'm the only one in a month to post to this group. You should encourage more threads like this. as far as catagorizing who shared what, well i'm sure it could be a daunting task, perhaps perfecting that is an impossibility and enforcing it is actually discouraging the processes that this thread intended at creation.

Please C.C. your manager any further communications i'de be happy to go offline with this discussion.

~Frank
    The guildelines for sharing blocks in this forum have been posted before. You can find them here.

The format for sharing FINISHED BLOCKS has been put in place so that people can FIND them easily.

I will kindly ask that the rules be followed in the future for the ease of all users, new and old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

Hello all,
    great discussion altho taken slightly out of context IMO.

this forum was intended as a "Hey! Look what i can do with these things!!" way of sharing one's work, while the Technical forum is more for the "Hey, do you know if i can do ______ with DB's?" Once the issue is resolved (as is always the hope), then you take that wonderfull DB that you brought into the world and hopefully place it in the SHARING forum.

The only limitations are that the SHARING forum be for FINISHED blocks, but may not be the end all for that particular block. People are more than welcomed, and even encouraged to take someone's idea and either make it bigger, better, faster, or use it as a springboard for another direction. The naming guidelines are in place to help the searches by TYPE, or INDUSTRY.

We who created and maintain these Dynamic Block areas are not complicated people, and the rules we authored were intended to be just as simple.

Please, as stated in the General Forum Guidlines, if you have issue with a moderator or how they do things, please PM us with your ideas or issues. do not make things more complicated than they need to be. There usually is a very good reason for things that we would gladly share.

thank you.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

wow! mines that good huh? it's not even finished! =)
    based on this statement (as an example) then this thread should have been placed in the technical forum and asked if anything could be added to make it better.

before the dual forums were created, there were whole STRINGS of mods to submitted blocks that, quite honestly, we had way too much fun with!
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

wow! mines that good huh? it's not even finished! =)
    Hi Rico,
    this isn't to see what block people HAVE shared... It's to see what blocks people are going TO share. Therfore searching for new window blocks would not work.
    ~Frank
    Also, to add to Chris's statement above, based on the attached quotes, searching for FINISHED Window Dynamic Blocks would be a GREAT way to see the many different ways to make your block better.

Referencing other people's finished work is exactly the way in which the DB Forums were meant to operate. Using the free resources found in the DB Sharing Forum allows you to better tailor your DB tools for your company's particular needs. And, once complete, you share your block here so that other people can reference your process and improve their work. Think of it as a learning collective of sorts.

Keeping a clean library of finished blocks in this forum is intended to help you out by making finished products easier to access and reference and is JUST as important as encouraging other people to share their work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

...is anything ever truly finished?

The technical forum is full of questions about "how do I [insert technical DB question]". So I assume that most of these blocks will need to be moved over to there then... there are quite a few that are 'unfinished'.

I see nothing wrong with having a lively discussion about 'nearly complete' DB's (although I'm not privy to the deleted comments/threads)

When someone uses the 'search this thread' function they get a small handful of window threads with some amazing blocks. One of which (this one to be precise) I attached my block seeing as it was so very similar. Users can compare and contrast these DB's and use them as a base for their own creations or just use whichever one suites them best. Similar to the Lisp threads; I rarely find the exact codes that I'm looking for but am always able to find a solid starting point/ nearly complete code.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12