Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is not too late to sign up for Autodesk University 2008

Login to Give a bone

Default It is not too late to sign up for Autodesk University 2008

Being the new Senior Product Manager for Revit MEP, I would like start off by plugging AU this year.

Did you know that Autodesk University (AU) is the world’s largest annual gathering of design professionals, industry experts, and Autodesk executives?

The four-day event combines a comprehensive learning environment with numerous MEP Engineering specific classes such as “Delivering on the Promise of BIM through Hybrid Project Delivery” and “Maximize your Building Performance Analysis with Revit MEP” all available in the MEP Design and Engineering track.

Besides classes, AU includes a variety of social activities, including the BIM Mixer, where you can join AEC customers and Autodesk employees for a fun filled evening that includes food and drink as well as a special guest appearance from Autodesk personality Armundo Darling, MEP Marketing Manager.

Here is the link for more information and sign up:

http://au.autodesk.com/

We hope to see you there.

Thanks.

Stephen Roth, PE, LEED AP

All AUGI, all the time mwiggins121466's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: It is not too late to sign up for Autodesk University 2008

I will be there just not in person. see attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Margaret Wiggins
    Revit MEP 2006 and Greater
    Electrical Designer
    Detroit, Michigan
    wigginsm@yahoo.com

All AUGI, all the time Liamnacuac's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I checked a couple of days ago, and I saw very few classes for REVIT, let alone MEP. the most available classes were for CAD management (which i woyuld go to,, but i don't think My boss will pay for)?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Liamnacuac View Post
    I checked a couple of days ago, and I saw very few classes for REVIT, let alone MEP. the most available classes were for CAD management (which i woyuld go to,, but i don't think My boss will pay for)?
    There are plenty of Revit MEP classes, I'm signed up for 7 already. I've never been to AU, but so far it seems like it's totally worth the cost.

Login to Give a bone

Stephen,

Welcome to AUGI and welcome to the hot seat, er, I mean the crucial role of product manager.

I'll see you at AU!
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

Login to Give a bone

Little bit far for me to travel, and to pay for flights, accommodation, and getting in the door, plus food etc. would cost me about a years pay.... ok, maybe not that much... half a year.

Maybe when I've been using ADesk products for a few more years. I'm still fairly new to even AutoCAD, think my staff profile still has "Junior" written on it.

Login to Give a bone

I am going for the first time this year. But I am a little disappointed in the number of MEP Revit classes compared to many other fields. And the ones that they do have are almost all full. I am having to miss four really important ones because they are already booked up. Hopefully they will be adding more to choose from.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I'll be going for the 3rd year in a row. I just hope that the Revit MEP classes aren't just the same things again, as I experienced last year. Some of the information was new, but several of the classes I took were basically repeats of the year before that.

I also hope to be able to talk to some of the Autodesk people about some of the issues we are currently experiencing on the electrical side of things. I've brought them up on here before, but not much ever came of them (the ****** homerun arrow setup is one that comes to mind).

I'll be at the Revit mixer on Monday night, so perhaps I'll run into some people.

Login to Give a bone

I'll be there at the mixer as well bts. This will be my second year and while last year was great with the new experience and all, the classes seemed to be more of a basic quality, almost straight out of the users guide. I believe with MEP being new and due to the fact that not many people have used it, the presenters went easy to show architects and others that the software works.

I am looking forward to the lighting design, building performance analysis, and electrical revit family classes. I hoping this year there will be more advanced classes. See you out there everyone....

All AUGI, all the time JoelLondenberg's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bts View Post
    ... but several of the classes I took were basically repeats of the year before that...
    Quote Originally Posted by msdynamix View Post
    ... the classes seemed to be more of a basic quality, almost straight out of the users guide...
    This is basically what my coworker Jarrod an I felt about last year's classes...

So we decided to put up our own this year. You are welcome to check us out in classes ME318-2 and ME500-1. Hopefully we won't disappoint, they are both live demo's of real world Revit MEP usage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast