Thread: How to create our own pipe work catalog on Autodesk Building Systems

Login to Give a bone

Default How to create our own pipe work catalog on Autodesk Building Systems

We will need to create our own Pipe work catalog on ABS 2006 or AutoCAD MEP 2009, is it
    possible?If yes, Please do let us know correct method in step by step.

See our requirments are below:

1) we need to see our own created material names when we put arrow on particular object (pipe/duct) in Autodesk building systems 2006/AutoCAD MEP 2009 instead of their default material. i.e. In image below we have marked with red color rectangle which is ABS standard material"25 mm Black Pipe BS1387 Steel Threaded Pipe". Instead of this we need "25 mm Xpress Steel Threaded Pipe"

2) We need our own standard fittings (i.e. elbow, Tees, Couplings etc...) appearing while we create modeling for pipework service.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to create our own pipe work catalog on Autodesk Building Systems

It is possible, but it will require a lot of set-up on your part and quite a bit of time.
    Setting up the piping systems (which is where you will input the info that the pipe label will output) is relatively quick and easy. Creating the standard elbows etc may pose more of an issue for you. Also, I, personally, do not know of a good way to force your fittings to auto-drop in instead of the ootb ones.

I can drop in some info that I have kept track of while setting up ABS07 if you would like that on piping, but I have not worked on 08 or 09....you may just have to infer from my 07 material where it will be in 08/09.

Drop a reply here if you would like to see what I have and I will post it.

I know this thread has been around for a bit, so I don't know if you have solved you issue yet.