Thread: Revit Revison Documentation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Login to Give a bone

Question Revit Revison Documentation

This is my first post so bare with me, hopefully everything works out alright.
    I am doing a fast paced design build on a very large scale Revit project, and the revisions tools in Revit just arent going to cut it. I was wondering if anyone knew of any software out there that acted a revison check tool simutaneously with REVIT. The goal is to have revit document chages almost like "Word" has built in "track changes." When track changes is turned on in Word it shows who made the change, what date the change was made, and keeps all the info that was changed and deleted; giving the oportunity to add back that deleted info if needed. Or someway of ghosting in the old info and implementing the changes and sending that off to the contractor which will show him what it was and how it has chnaged. Also there is no way for the contractor to be aware of what has been changed through the DD phases, unless you physically tell him, even with doing a revision cloud, the contractor never really is aware of what chnages need to made unless it is very obvious to him. ex: moving a wall is obvious, revising a shaft width by a few inches may not be so obvious.
    If anyone has any other software that they know of, or anything else that Revit can do with documenting changes please let me know, i will take all the advice i can get. Thanks
    Also we have used BUZZSAW and CONSTRUCTWARE in the past and were wondering if either is compadable with REVIT SOFTWARE?
    Last edited by joseph.campisi; 2008-11-18 at 03:52 PM.