Thread: lost icon, large icons in 2009 ribbon

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation lost icon, large icons in 2009 ribbon

I've searched the forum and can't find the answer to the two questions I still have about editing the ribbon panels. I have already installed update 2 for 2009.

First - where can I find the standard icons for the tools? I accidentally replaced the Line icon with another icon. I went to correct it and the standard Line icon does not appear in the list of available icons in teh CUI. Then I noticed that many of the standard icons, like MOVE for example, do not appear in that list. How do I access those IN the CUI to use them?

Second - and the answer to the first question may also answer this one, where do I find the Large icons for these items? The path for the stock icons does not actually show a path, only the name. I read a post with a link to an Autodesk knowledge base answer stating that they are in the acadbtn.xmx file. But HOW can I see them, choose them, use them???

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: lost icon, large icons in 2009 ribbon

17 views and no replies. Not the response I was hoping for! The plot thickens...

First, I stumbled on to getting the large icons be simply replacng the _16_ in the icon name (RCDATA_16_MOVE to RCDATA_32_MOVE, for example). This got me the results I needed for my custom Ribbon I'm trying to create. But, surely there is a better way than assuming all stock icons have a 32x32 version...or do they? Can anyone verify?

And now the weird part, after playing with this custom ribbon in a partial CUI, all my stock icons on the standard ribbon bars have switched to the smaller version. WTH?!?! I didn't touch the standard ribbon or even that CUI!

Did the programmers at Autodesk even bother to have someone try to make a custom ribbon? I can't beleieve they didn't see how flaky this thing is.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: lost icon, large icons in 2009 ribbon

It would be safe to assume that icons starting with RCDATA will also have 32x32 pixel versions.

When you did the edits to the partial CUI, did you do it with the editor filtered to just look at the partial CUI in the Customizations In pane's combo box?

I can personally state that Autodesk did quite a bit of work with non-standard CUI setups and cleared up quite a few issues. Yes, there are still some quirks.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.