Thread: Export Items as "Parts Only" or similar

Login to Give a bone

Question Export Items as "Parts Only" or similar

Hey guys,

The models we are working with are in the thousands for part counts, and so to ease our workflow we created sub-assemblies to be able to better work with the massive amounts of parts that have to be managed. In fact, this is recommended by Autodesk for large assemblies!

However, when it comes to Items in Producstream, this has bit us in the behind. There is no way to export the items as "Parts Only", and instead I get all the sub-assemblies listed in the export file, which is NOT how we do it in real life and therefore causes us grief with our ERP system.

Any thoughts on this issue??? Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Red face Re: Export Items as "Parts Only" or similar

Ok, so in thinking about this more I would assume that if I were to set the sub-assemblies as "Phantom" that this would resolve the issue. I haven't tested this to be sure (and as of late I will NOT assume that this would work without testing it for sure!), so if anyone knows whether or not this is the way to do this properly and has tried it let me know! Otherwise, I will update this post after I check the process...

Login to Give a bone

Angry Re: Export Items as "Parts Only" or similar

ARRRGGGGG.....

So setting the assemblies as "Phantom" made no difference whatsoever.... This is getting to be extremely frustrating. And to think I used to be a big fan of Productstream!!!!!!! (Just kidding, I'm still understand the other features and benefits it offers, just very frustrated right now...)

Login to Give a bone

Red face Re: Export Items as "Parts Only" or similar

Yes, that's my red face again...

So I guess posting here during AU isn't very profitable! Hah! Just having a discussion with myself. Oh well, not much different than real life here at work...

Anyways, I take back what I said. I thought I'd just try and assign Items and VOILA! While in Vault, whether assemblies are set to Phantom or otherwise, it appears as structured (not Parts Only). HOWEVER, when items are assigned, Productstream DOES recognize the Phantom assemblies and ignores them as assemblies and treats it as "Parts Only" type scenario. Actually, it works perfectly as there are one or two sub-assemblies I do need structured...

So, yeah, is my face red? Guess PS isn't so bad afterall...