Thread: showing EX, DEMO, and NEW

Login to Give a bone

Default showing EX, DEMO, and NEW

I'm having difficulties getting Existing, Demo, and New duct (pipe also but I'll use duct as the example here) to show up properly. (Yes, I have all existing duct and pipe set to "Existing" under "Element Properties".)

-In my Demo Views, I obviously want to see Existing Duct and Demolished Duct.

So, I have the settings in "View Properties>Phasing>Phase Filter" set to "Show Previous+Demo" and the "Phase" is set to "Existing". That seems like it sould be right, but when I do that, all the ductwork disappears. It only shows up if I set it to "Show All".

-In my New Views, of course, I want to see Existing Duct and New Duct.

So, I have the settings in "View Properties>Phasing>Phase Filter" set to "Show Previous + New" and everything is displayed, but now the existing and new look the same.

I tried going into "Settings>Phases>Graphic Overrides" and set Existing to Halftone.
    This made everything display properly in the New Views, but not in the Demo Views.

I'm confused.

Can anyone tell me what I should have all these settings at?

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: showing EX, DEMO, and NEW

Quote Originally Posted by buhrito View Post

So, I have the settings in "View Properties>Phasing>Phase Filter" set to "Show Previous+Demo" and the "Phase" is set to "Existing". That seems like it sould be right, but when I do that, all the ductwork disappears. It only shows up if I set it to "Show All".

-Thanks
    There is your first problem. Your phase is set to existing. So Previous + Demo is the phase before Existing (and I'll guess there is nothing before Existing) + Work being demolished at this point in time.

Phases in Revit are sliding time scales. 4D.

You need the phase set to new and then you need to show Previous phase (Exitsing) and demo (things being taken out in the new work.) Those things being taken out in the new construction are created in the existing phase and demolished in the new phase.

I suggest you run through the tutorials on this if you haven't as it is much more than just a Exist/Demo/New tool.