Thread: Element IDs from RST2009

Login to Give a bone

Default Element IDs from RST2009

Has anyone notice that when structural framing objects are exported from Revit Structure 2009 to NavisWork Manage 2009.1 multiple element IDs come along? I noticed this when actually dealing with a different issue (discussed below). It seems as though when the model is exported from a medium or fine view there will be extra element IDs. The funny thing is that I can't find the element IDs that NavisWorks shows in Revit.

Another thing I have noticed is that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the way NavisWorks searches for Structural Usage. If I set 5 beams in Revit and Change them to Girder, Purlin, Joist, Hor Bracing, and Other, in NavisWork I can not find those parameters. The only thing I can find under Structural usage is 3, 4, 5, 6, 8.

One last thing, has anyone been able to figure our how to get the analytical lines to not come along with structural framing? Even when they are turned off in the 3D view that is being exported?

Any info would be of great help, even if it confirming that I am not completely losing my mind...

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Element IDs from RST2009

What method are you using for exporting to NavisWorks? Are you doing the direct .nwc export from Revit Structure? I don't have Revit Structure here so any structural model I receive I export through Revit Architecture. I'm certain I lose quite a bit of information in the objects this way. I've only been able to see one element ID come through per object and I don't even have a property for structural usage.

The analytical lines problem has driven me nuts. I've created a search set for them and just hide the lines in NavisWorks. There are a few other revit objects that have a similar problem. My search set searches the structural model for Item Types that equal Line (if that helps).

Login to Give a bone

Mitch, thanks for the response. I never throught to try a search set to find the analytical lines, so thank you for that.

I am using the .nwc exporter in Revit.

Just out of curiousity, what other objects have you ran into that gives you problems (Arch, Struct, and MEP wise)?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

My main problem can be found here: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=86518. Otherwise the nwc exporter is usually great.