Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rev Clouds

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Rev Clouds

Even tho there is much more pressing things to fix, I would like to see the rev cloud command fixed. Right now there is no way to make the rev cloud arcs a set radius. It would be great if we could a option to set the arc then just use the mouse to draw a circle instead of having to click 10 million times. The current rev clouds do not look very professional at all. Again its a minor thing, but needs to be fixed eventually.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Rev Clouds

One thing I don't like is not being able to choose which revision the cloud is meant for until after you draw the thing!

Our first revision will rarely have anything clouded so for the revision to appear we draw a small cloud in the titleblock and then turn off clouds and tags. When we do another issue I constantly have to explain to people the process for revisions.

1. Turn on clouds and tags for first revision
    2. Enter new revision information
    3. draw rev cloud and tag if needed
    4. select cloud and set revision
    5. go back to revision options and turn off clouds and tags for first revision

Much too long... should be enter new revision info, go to rev cloud tool, select which revision, draw cloud.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Fwiw...the assumption is that when you sketch a revision that you are working on the latest one. Again another assumption is that you add a new revision when one starts...not adding ten at the start of the project. If you follow these assumptions then the next revision cloud you get is assigned to the "correct" revision...no extra work so to speak. Regardless the Options Bar makes short work or reassigning a cloud. Whether you make a selection first or second...same result, Tomayto...Tomahto...

Sooo the current system steps are:

1. Create new revision - Settings menu > Revisions
    2. Draw new revision cloud - it's assigned to this new revision...no extra work.
    3. Tag it

Again this assumes that you are not dealing with a multitude of revisions at once...you finished the previous revision earlier...now you are starting another. Making assumptions/decisions are the key to software and programming. Writing software ain't for the faint of heart....

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
    Fwiw...the assumption is that when you sketch a revision that you are working on the latest one. Again another assumption is that you add a new revision when one starts...not adding ten at the start of the project. If you follow these assumptions then the next revision cloud you get is assigned to the "correct" revision...no extra work so to speak. Regardless the Options Bar makes short work or reassigning a cloud. Whether you make a selection first or second...same result, Tomayto...Tomahto...

Sooo the current system steps are:

1. Create new revision - Settings menu > Revisions
    2. Draw new revision cloud - it's assigned to this new revision...no extra work.
    3. Tag it

Again this assumes that you are not dealing with a multitude of revisions at once...you finished the previous revision earlier...now you are starting another. Making assumptions/decisions are the key to software and programming. Writing software ain't for the faint of heart....
    Actually, I was kind of saying that it would be a good idea for the above to take place. What seems to happen on at the very least my copy of Revit is that the revision cloud will ALWAYS be automatically assigned to the first revision. It then needs to be manually changed to whatever revision is being worked on.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by schrodingerscat View Post
    ...at the very least my copy of Revit is that the revision cloud will ALWAYS be automatically assigned to the first revision. It then needs to be manually changed to whatever revision is being worked on.
    If your ticking the sequences off as 'Issued' as you go, you shouldn't have clouds going on to anything other than your most recent sequence.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Smith View Post
    If your ticking the sequences off as 'Issued' as you go, you shouldn't have clouds going on to anything other than your most recent sequence.
    Yes but some sheets may be clouded in the second revision but its the first time that sheet has been clouded so you would number the cloud with a #1 even tho its the second revision. The command IMO just does not have enough flexibility at this point in time for us to use it as we need to.

Login to Give a bone

Maybe I'm missing something, but if you're on the second revision for the sheet, why would you be going back and putting a cloud for the first revision?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Smith View Post
    Ah, so that's what that "Issued" button does.

Sweet!

Login to Give a bone

It's potentially the most important button on that dialogue, as it locks that revision sequence in-place indefinitely. That is unless you uncheck it.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sgermano View Post
    Yes but some sheets may be clouded in the second revision but its the first time that sheet has been clouded so you would number the cloud with a #1 even tho its the second revision. The command IMO just does not have enough flexibility at this point in time for us to use it as we need to.
    Steve, what you're outlining is possible. Go to Settings>Revisions and in the Sheet Issues/Revisions dialog, you need to use "Per Sheet" numbering instead of "Per Project".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast