Thread: adding diameter symbol in text?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default adding diameter symbol in text?

Is there a way to add the diameter symbol in the text editer in revit? I like to label my ducts as being outdoor air (OA) exhuaust (EA) ect, but i cant get the dimater symbol in a line of text. Right now I have to tag the duct then add text after it, which is tedious especially when moving the tags and text around. Any ideas?
    thnx

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: adding diameter symbol in text?

I'm not sure i understood your question, but are you saying that you can't create a text line in Revit MEP and add the diameter symbol? I just tested here, typing a text and then adding alt+0248 (for a small diameter symbol) or alt+0216 (for a bigger diameter symbol) and both worked fine.

Andre Carvalho

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Carvalho View Post
    I'm not sure i understood your question, but are you saying that you can't create a text line in Revit MEP and add the diameter symbol? I just tested here, typing a text and then adding alt+0248 (for a small diameter symbol) or alt+0216 (for a bigger diameter symbol) and both worked fine.

Andre Carvalho
    Works on mine, good old alt+0178 and alt+0176 both work fine. Maybe you should have a look at character map.... although that program has disappeared from all the new drafting machines here... not sure why it would be removed....

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by schrodingerscat View Post
    Works on mine, good old alt+0178 and alt+0176 both work fine. Maybe you should have a look at character map.... although that program has disappeared from all the new drafting machines here... not sure why it would be removed....
    I have not had luck with the same methods that worked in ACAD. For example I can no longer just us "%%c". In order to get around this you can go to Start->Run->charmap
    and then copy and paste it from there. I hope this helps.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sgermano View Post
    Is there a way to add the diameter symbol in the text editer in revit? I like to label my ducts as being outdoor air (OA) exhuaust (EA) ect, but i cant get the dimater symbol in a line of text. Right now I have to tag the duct then add text after it, which is tedious especially when moving the tags and text around. Any ideas?
    thnx
    If you use the default duct size tag, then the diameter symbol should show up. If you would like to add eaither OA, or EA before the size then i would modify the default duct size tag to incorporate that.

Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: adding diameter symbol in text?

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Carvalho View Post

Andre Carvalho

Ahhh gotcha, I was not aware of that keystroke. I will try it. Yes I was just assuming that the good ol' %%D would work, but of course nothing from cad to revit is the same. Many thanks! I will print out that character map, Im assuming this is a text file that can be modified.

Login to Give a bone

Just add a suffix to the label in the tag family using the symbol as described above.