Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Text Note Improvements

All AUGI, all the time

Default Re: Text Note Improvements

There have been a number of posts lately asking for text note improvements of one sort or another. I would encourage people with text improvement wishes to add them here and to contact support directly with their wishes.

I'm going into minor rant mode here. This thread was started during Release 5. From the very beginning, one of the main uses for computers has been word processing. The Wordpad software included in Windows has more formatting options than the Revit text commands. Construction drawings are a form of communication that need to convey complicated information in as clear of a manner as possible. The formatting and presentation of the text portions of the documents has a great impact on the clarity and ease of understanding of the drawings. One reason that this seems particularly vexing is that in all other respects Revit is such a well designed piece of software. Hopefully I will be eating crow when 7.0 is released. Rant mode off.

All AUGI, all the time J. Grouchy's Avatar

I think it's safe to say anyone using Revit would agree that the text formatting and editing is far from adequate. I hate to say this because it's sort of the Godwin's Rule of this forum...but if only Revit could advance enough to match the text editing functionality that AutoCAD has, it would be a vast improvement and would save innumerable frustrations in the Construction Document phase. Lord knows I complained enough about AutoCAD's text editing abilities and how many of the options were cryptic, unstable or unnecessary...but compared to Revit, AutoCAD far ahead in the word processing game.

Also, I added this in another thread, but I would like to see the "match type" command work for text notes (matching font, size, text box extents, justification, etc.).

Other than that, I think the list is fairly complete regarding improvements I would like to see.

"Rock-n-Roll Architect" SCShell's Avatar

Hi there,

<Reaching over to hand bclarch the salt and pepper so he can enjoy his crow dinner.>
    We just had a local Revit User Group meeting here and had one of the Revit developers present to answer questions.
    One of the main issues was text editing. He would not go into detail; however, it was "hinted" that release 7 will address some of our requests for text editing improvements.

Steve Shell

All AUGI, all the time

Quote Originally Posted by SCShell
    <Reaching over to hand bclarch the salt and pepper so he can enjoy his crow dinner.>
    Let's hope you're right. Sharpening my knife in anticipation.....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234