Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ecotect Book

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Ecotect Book

I'll be very interested to have a glance thorugh the manual and of course give you some personal feedback.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jandresalonsoa View Post
    SG (Sgermano)

The place mentioned in your previous mail is gone together with www.squ1.com
    What a lost!, now who can rescue us?
    My 2nd post and its the same answer!! I have found http://www.squ1.com/archive/ has lots of the old info (I never knew the old site for long so im not sure how much is gone).

I too was looking for a book along the lines of the 'mastering revit architecture' books. I have to teach Ecotect and there is no training provided and very little online info (as opposed to say Revit).

I could stop if I wanted to David Haynes's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by kenflannigan View Post
    I wrote a reference manual to accompany an Ecotect class. It doesn't have exercises, but it goes through a lot of the interface and functionality. I had been considering trying to market it for a while but have been discouraged by the lack of progress with the program. I'd be willing to share it free of charge with a few people to get some feedback. Any takers?

It's written in Aramaic though, hope that's not a problem. Just kidding.
    Would love to give you feedback.

Login to Give a bone

kenflannigan, i also would like to have your material and provide some feedback. Thanks a lot for the opportunity.

Gustavo Mello - Brazil

Login to Give a bone

i am interested in this material. please send me and email to amatosfermin@gmail.com to let me know about sharing options. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kenflannigan View Post
    I wrote a reference manual to accompany an Ecotect class. It doesn't have exercises, but it goes through a lot of the interface and functionality. I had been considering trying to market it for a while but have been discouraged by the lack of progress with the program. I'd be willing to share it free of charge with a few people to get some feedback. Any takers?

It's written in Aramaic though, hope that's not a problem. Just kidding.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

If any of you have access to the Student/Educator portal on the Autodesk website you will also find a manual for using Ecotect and GBS.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by zanzibarbob7 View Post
    I bought the CD from CADLearning and am going through it now. It's expesnive but it's in video format whcih makes it easier to learn. I figure in a time to production basis that this is the fastest and cheapest route. It's cheaper than a class and I can do it anytme.
    Hi everyone. I'm the author of the CAD Learning Ecotect course that Thomas referred to. Over the years, I've had a lot of positive feedback regarding the course and many people have found it helpful to get started with Ecotect Analysis. The course is comprehensive, going through just about every tool available in this vast application, at a fair level of detail.

I tried to focus on a few workflow methods that are standard for a designer to use. Since I created the course, however, I've had the opportunity of working on many additional projects using Ecotect, as well as putting together and teaching multiple day courses at Autodesk University as well as conferences throughout the US and Europe. In the past 3 years, I've had the pleasure of teaching Ecotect and building analysis workflows to over 500 people. During this time, I've been putting together an advanced manual that I use to train designers who are interested in really pushing what can be done with AutoCAD analysis tools such as Ecotect, Green Building Studio, and the new analysis tools in Revit.

I typically leave this manual with my clients as a reference to compliment the consulting I've done with them, but I've been considering going through the effort of really fleshing it out into book form, as I still have not seen a solid Ecotect book in English that covers the topics that my manual gets into.

I'm interested in determining how many people would be interested in purchasing such a book and what you think is a fair price for such a valuable resource.

If you would consider buying an Ecotect coursebook, filled with project tested workflows and results, as well as some supplementary materials such as Excel analysis templates, material files, and a few complimentary videos, please send me an email to ecotectbook@cadsoft-consult.com.

Please tell me your name, your company, what you think is a fair price for such a course, and a topic or two that you need it to included that you haven't found elsewhere.

I'd love to hear from you. If enough designers are interested, I'd like to make these resources available.

Thank you!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Patrick,

To have a better idea of what you are offering and to estimate a fair price, could you post a table of contents and a few preview pages?

Thanks,

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Does anyone now of any books or other tutorials (other than Ecotect website internal tutorials) are available.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12