Thread: Autodesk Mapguide Author question

Login to Give a bone

Default Autodesk Mapguide Author question

I am using Autodesk MapGuideAuthor6.5 with AutoCad 2008....I am trying to create a new layer in the Author from an Autocad dwg.

So under the "Draw features from" pull down I have selected "Autodesk DWG data source" NOT the "SDP data source" option. Under the "DWG Data Source" tab -- I proceed to select "dwg" for data source and select the appropriate dwg. for the Autodesk DWG. Key table, Key column, key column type and filter type all default to the appropriate options (this is based on other layers already in Mapguide author that use an Autocad dwg.) However, for the "Layer Name(s)", when I try to select it, I get an error message stating "An error occurred in the DWG Data extension for data source "Dwg" - unable to open the DWG file "ForeclosuresSymbols.DWG".

I spent all day yesterday trying different ideas and have not been successful....Do I still need to export the dwg. from AutoCAD to the Autodesk Mapguide similiar to as if it was an SDP file? What does not make sense to me is that I have all the same properties set when creating the new layer as the already existing layers that also pull in the data from an AutoCAD dwg. and not from an SDP file??

I have exhausted my ideas and was hoping maybe someone can help me....please...

Thank you,
    Cindy
    (in desperate need of help)

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autodesk Mapguide Author question

I tend not to use drawings directly in general. However...
    Have you had success with 2008 version drawings before?
    I was going to suggest that there might be a version issue. The latest versions of AutoCAD have changed things quite a bit. Have you tried saving the drawing to a previous version like 2004?