Thread: Help W/ Title Block

All AUGI, all the time TerribleTim's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Help W/ Title Block

Ok gang, I need some expert help. Here's the skinny. I've got my title block all snazzed up using fields to draw as much info as possible from the SSM info. The problem is, or at least what I've run into, this -

1) Our title block is a model space drawing that is xref'ed into paper space (where it belongs ) on the individual sheets.
    2) The SSM will not pull the info from the current sheet set unless the drawing is "associated" with a sheet set.
    3) Since our title block is a model that is xref'ed in, it isn't actually "associated" with anything.

So i can get it to pull the project name and project milestones and what not without too much trouble by using the "sheetset" fields and updating each field in the title block. Not a big deal. But I would like to pull info from the things like "currentsheetsubset" or any of the "currentsheet" fields for that matter. How can I get there?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Help W/ Title Block

Xref the stuff in the title block that is consistent for the entire set of drawings, and use an inserted block for the things that change per sheet

Login to Give a bone

Yea, thats not the problem.

I have a field in our title block text that pulls the project name from the SSM. Below that is the address and job number. All that stays the same on every sheet so it is in the xref. And it work fine since the field is a "sheetset" field not a "currentsheetset" field.

What I'm trying to accomplish is pulling information from any "currentsheetset" field in that xref. I have data that would be from one of those fields that won't work in an xref. My guess is because the xref is not really tied to the SS so it has no "current sheets set" associated with it. So it isn't really something that would change from sheet to sheet, it is the same on each sheet, that's why I was xrefing it.

So back to the heart of the first question. How do I pull info from the "currentsheetset" fields through a model space xref? Or is it possible at all?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

The way I've been doing it is to just put the regular fields in the template file, not xref'd. Then they come in to every sheet as you add them.

That probably doesn't help you right now though...

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by TeriblTim View Post
    How do I pull info from the "currentsheetset" fields through a model space xref? Or is it possible at all?
    not possible at all right now.

Login to Give a bone

Cadtag - That's kind of what I thought. Just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed something. Thanks for hanging in there with me though.

a_57vdub - I know what you are saying. The only problem there is, I wanted to pull the data into the middle of a group of text. I have one line for the project name, the next line for the client, the next line for the address. I pull the project name from the "sheetset" field and then manually enter the rest. I was hoping to insert a line right after the project name and pull info from the "sheet sub set". We have a project spanning several buildings across a campus and I wanted to insert a line under the "main project" for each building and use subsets to give me the data. Sounded like it would be "wicked cool". But, it always looks good on paper, right?

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Help W/ Title Block

Hi

I saw your post and have an issue along the same lines at the moment. I am trying to link
    my sheet set with the layouts in it with titleblocks on each layout to an excel speadsheet that I can hopefully use to update the drawing titleblocks. My hope is that this will enable me to edit the titleblocks through excel and then have them update the fields of each title block. Any ideas please?

Regards

JamesNZ