Thread: How to create a hatch object similar way as with pick point method in AutoCAD?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default How to create a hatch object similar way as with pick point method in AutoCAD?

I have a pattern of lines and want to add a hatch as shown in the picture. The help file shows example how to create hatch with an object that sets outer boundaries which isn't my case.
    1. How to create 1 single hatch object, if for creating manually I would need 2 closed non-overlapping polylines (assuming I know exact coordinates of all 8 corners) or use pick-point method?
    2. How to make a hatch object only? Would it be something like creating hatch the way help file shows (hatchObj.AppendOuterLoop) and then delete object witch represents outer loop? What's the way I could delete such object?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to create a hatch object similar way as with pick point method in AutoCAD?

AppendOuterLoop is an array of objects. So you can provide both areas as polylines to achieve your single hatch. After the hatch is complete you should be able to delete the defining polylines but that would remove associativity.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to create a hatch object similar way as with pick point method in AutoCAD?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertB View Post
    AppendOuterLoop is an array of objects. So you can provide both areas as polylines to achieve your single hatch. After the hatch is complete you should be able to delete the defining polylines but that would remove associativity.
    I found the solution. The outer loop is big rectangle, the inner loop is small middle rectangle, and the code to delete boundaries looks like this:
    Code:
        hatchObj.AppendOuterLoop (outerLoop)
        hatchObj.AppendInnerLoop (innerLoop)
        hatchObj.Evaluate
        outerLoop(0).Delete
        innerLoop(0).Delete
    Thanks for your input, Robert!
    Last edited by Yancka; 2009-01-14 at 12:24 PM.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

hi sir
    i want point to point looping vba

Login to Give a bone

It isn't clear what you want. You might try posting a picture of what you want. Also, post the code you have already.
    C:> ED WORKING....