Thread: Venting and I don’t understand why this is.

Login to Give a bone

Default Venting and I don’t understand why this is.

Why is it that Auto Desk makes it so hard for a single user to use Inventor?
    I have two problems here. .
    1. I posted ones before and ppl tried to help but I am still not able to use the CONTENT CENTER because of some Content and Vault log in window.
    2. I am a stand along user of Inventor 09 professional, why dose a window come up that will not let me save because it thinks it’s checked out to another user.
    Come on; let’s make it a little harder for ppl to use a program. I know maybe they can add a little device to receive a drop of blood to verify that you have permission to open a part file. Even if you were the author of that part. Seems reasonable to me.

Look I’m not trying to be rude here. The ppl here have a wealth of good knowledge. I am just frustrated to all ends. I can’t see why it has to be so difficult

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Venting and I don’t understand why this is.

My commiserations. I have experienced this issue before, although not in 2009. The only fix for me was a complete wipe of the software, and I mean COMPLETE. That means removing Inventor, ADMS, SQL and all associated databases, and any other Inventor add-ins you may have installed. The registry needs to be cleaned as well. I tried various cleaners to accomplish this, but I actually had to go and manually remove some components. Major, MAJOR PIA!! Probably not what you wanted to hear.

When you re-install Inventor, choose AWS instead of the IIS option, unless you are very, very clear on how to manage the IIS environment. I wasn't and I paid for it.

Good luck. Did I mention what a PIA it was??

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Well, lets analyze your issue.

1. Do you use Vault?
    Yes: What exactly does the window say?
    No: Then you installed incorrectly. If you are not using Vault then you should have only installed ADMS and CC libraries, not the Vault Server.

2. This usually happens to users of Vault you have not read the guide that accompanies the software or have not received Vault training. To diagnose this we might have to have a longer conversation.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the reply...

No, I don't use Vault, and yes, I did only install ADMS and the CC libraries. Inventor does not always install cleanly, especially if your IT guy has been in your system mucking about prior to the installation. Perhaps I wasn't clear about stating that it was a sporadic issue. I have installed various versions of Inventor on many machines, and occasionally this will occur. I have not seen any problems with 2009... yet...

Login to Give a bone

I had the same issue. I called my Reseller and they put in a support request to AutoDesk.
    From the reseller, I received a support contract # and phone # for AD. Then I called AD and talked with a tech, he started a 'gotomeeting' link to my computer, and quickly did a bunch of stuff remotely and got it working. The glitch was with the way the content center requires a password and username. I suggest that if you have any support time with a reseller, use it here. Otherwise, you will need to uninstall and scrub the registry.

P.S. - I discovered recently that you can not directly get tech. support from AD. Has to be requested from a reseller or VAR. Good luck.

Login to Give a bone

P.S. - I discovered recently that you can not directly get tech. support from AD. Has to be requested from a reseller or VAR. Good luck.

Crazzy, I tell ya, Its just Crazzy
    Thanks for the info. though