Thread: AMTITLE

Login to Give a bone

Question AMTITLE

The help file is saying that I can create Titleblocks and borders seperatly but in the AMTitle command I'm only seeing the option for the titleblocks. Is there something I'm missing. We want the border in model space but there is no reason for us to back track years and put the titleblock in model space. But, it seams that this border is needed to creat the limits for the BOM.

Any suggests?

I could stop if I wanted to Comach's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AMTITLE

I am not sure why you want the border in model space.

The border will usually be in Paper Space and the BOM will be placed according to your selected insert point and the size is user definable.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: AMTITLE

Maybe this is where I'm confused, is ACAD using the terms Border and Titleblock interchangeably? We don't want the titleblock in model space as I haven't done that in 11 years, no reason to go back to the stone ages right? We do more than 1 floor in each drawing but we need the BOM to reference just the 1 floor. There is a way that you can make the BOM only pull the part references for a certain area and that is controled by the limits of the titleblock that is brought in therough AMTitle. Right now the fix that we have found is just to make the titleblock in modelspace not print becasue that's the only way I have found to make this work. It seems like a round about way to get what we need so I'm sure there is a better way that I just don't know about.

Thanks!!

I could stop if I wanted to Comach's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AMTITLE

MDT has 2 parts to creating the final sheet layout - the first is the actual border - just the line border and the sheet size, then the second is the information block or title-block at the bottom. Both of these have parameters that can be user defined.

Collectively they make up the finished sheet.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: AMTITLE

How user defined is the border. I haven't been able to locate where we can change the Paper sizes to the Arch sizes that we use. For example our titleblocks are 24x36 not Ansi 22x34. Also, if you have more than one BOM in a drawing they have to be linked to the Border which is where my 1st question has come from. What creates the boundaries for a BOM? The only thig that I have found in the tutorials is having the border in model space....

Thanks!!