Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Active Workset is changing to a different Active Workset and objects being modeled on the wrong workset.

I could stop if I wanted to Baldwin_4-6-0's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Active Workset is changing to a different Active Workset and objects being modeled on the wrong workset.

Does anyone understand this?

This issue happens all the time.
    I tested it from two computers with a central file that only I am working on, one set to my username and one set to a different username, I saved to central in one and it changed the other computers local copy active workset to "shared levels & grids". I DID NOT CHANGE THIS MANUALLY. It seems to happen between the saves to central.

I just want to know what is going on, what am I doing wrong?

Or is it somewhat a glitch? That some people are saying the users are changing the Active Workset before they STC.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Active Workset is changing to a different Active Workset and objects being modeled on the wrong workset.

I am having this very same problem with Revit Architecture 2011. The active workset seemly changes automatically and the user swears they did not change anything. "All of a sudden the elements I was placing were disappearing. I never thought to check the Worksets!" Saving to Central doesn't seem to be the cause, either. Any explanation for this would be greatly appreciated!

Login to Give a bone

Ok, Does anyone have a solution for this yet. I know the users have no idea even how to change the active workset.. and it mysteriously changes. i thought the mystery would be solved with Revit 2011, but... no it's not.

Login to Give a bone

Just happened again this morning.
    This squeaky wheel needs some grease.

Anyone have any idea why this issue still happens?

Login to Give a bone

I find this very annoying too. i wish i could find the answer. maybe it's fixed in 2012 ??

Rgds,
    A

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Active Workset is changing to a different Active Workset and objects being modeled on the wrong workset.

When you created the central file, you have some options to change and play around with. Mainly you can set how many backup files to save, as well as what the preview view/sheet is when the file is opened and (Da da da daaaa!) the workset default.

Regardless if you save to central using XYZ workset, if your Open Workset Default is set to Shared Levels and Grids, your file will open with that as the active workset.

A quick way to check is open your central file, go to Save As, and click the Options button (near the Save button). This File Options window will tell you what your default is. Set it to be what you want and save over your central file.
    You should be good to go after that.

All AUGI, all the time Duncan Lithgow's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mrauscher View Post
    When you created the central file, you have some options to change and play around with. Mainly you can set how many backup files to save, as well as what the preview view/sheet is when the file is opened and (Da da da daaaa!) the workset default.
    I wish you were right but I think you're confusing opening a workset with making it the active workset. These are not the same. You can specify between All, Editable, Last Viewed and Specify. None of those options lets you specify the active workset as far as I can see, just the open workset. Sadly Autodesk is not very pedagogical with their terminology.

* Open workset : the workset is loaded into memory and visible
    * Edit workset : the workset becomes owned by you, no one else can work on it

When running into an element you don't have right to edit you get an icon or right clik, you get two ownership related options

- Make Worksets editable : you take ownership of the workset this element resides in
    - Make Elements editable : you borrow the element(s) selected

Quote Originally Posted by cliff collins View Post
    Worksets can be Owned or Borrowed.
    Owned= only Owner can edit
    Borrowed= borrower can edit temporarily.
    As collins writes exactly. What many people seem ot forget is that selecting 'Make Worksets Editable' actually means 'Make Worksets EXCLUSIVELY Editable by me'

Does this clear the mud slightly?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12